Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would say my troop is pretty outdoorsy. We camp 10/12 months, with a lock in IF possible in December and 2 weekends of Scouting For Food in February, being the 2 months we do not camp. Even during C

How about going back to an earlier version?

LOL, he says they have doubled in size while BSA has steeply lost members. Their self reporting that they have 60k members right now, total, nationwide. Trail Life is a joke.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

@Eagle1993
Not disagreeing with you that the smartest action would be to have the most likely challenger on board before the filing and before any announcement 

Would you have had the same assumption before the BSA filed its recent round of trademarks and was challenged by GSUSA? 
Settlement Agreement between the parties is found in this filing as Exhibit 1.  https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/b530ab19-6224-4f25-af12-fa7a92aa4b01_10117.pdf


One wonders what the BSA will do if the trademark applications are rejected or successfully challenged in an administrative or judicial forum.

Edited by BinTharDunThat
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not Scouts of America? Just drop the boy. I think the name change is dumb and should have been done, if  it was going to be done, 5 years ago. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that the rebrand notification is dropping, there are other changes that will begin to be announced.

One came from the NAM. As of September 1st, there will officially be a pilot for a "combined troop" option.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://m.email.scouting.org/rest/head/mirrorPage/@JAZoPn36nBGBwnSUwO9VY6VgCN2Wl28EE7uPz5nsncSawHDh8yNO6LsXeesTuHbFn6mfjMbcKsZLvm8HhvAs7ybQwnt71C3wgYjdxrz2PNY4hBPH.html

 

Imagine all the resources of staff time, effort, money, communication, etc.  that went into this... and now imagine all the money and time that will go into changing tens of thousands of instances of the "old brand" across the country.

Shaking my head...

Nero fiddled while Rome burned

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

or your metaphor of choice...

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BinTharDunThat said:

@Eagle1993
Not disagreeing with you that the smartest action would be to have the most likely challenger on board before the filing and before any announcement 

Would you have had the same assumption before the BSA filed its recent round of trademarks and was challenged by GSUSA? 
Settlement Agreement between the parties is found in this filing as Exhibit 1.  https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/b530ab19-6224-4f25-af12-fa7a92aa4b01_10117.pdf


One wonders what the BSA will do if the trademark applications are rejected or successfully challenged in an administrative or judicial forum.

They had to have felt more confidence in Scouting America than say Scouting USA re: litigation challenges. They already have logos for Scouting America that I have seen shared in screen shots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

https://m.email.scouting.org/rest/head/mirrorPage/@JAZoPn36nBGBwnSUwO9VY6VgCN2Wl28EE7uPz5nsncSawHDh8yNO6LsXeesTuHbFn6mfjMbcKsZLvm8HhvAs7ybQwnt71C3wgYjdxrz2PNY4hBPH.html

 

Imagine all the resources of staff time, effort, money, communication, etc.  that went into this... and now imagine all the money and time that will go into changing tens of thousands of instances of the "old brand" across the country.

Shaking my head...

Nero fiddled while Rome burned

Rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

or your metaphor of choice...

And there you go- there is your new logo in that email

047efa1d3c1dfc61ad712f525d948e2bfdfe2fa649bd0f1f0a4cb94754e9fdb0.thumb.png.837c7138e07f30ff3391470baedc8765.png

Edited by HashTagScouts
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HashTagScouts said:

Now that the rebrand notification is dropping, there are other changes that will begin to be announced.

One came from the NAM. As of September 1st, there will officially be a pilot for a "combined troop" option.

Hey, got any official pronouncements for this pilot?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, InquisitiveScouter said:

Hey, got any official pronouncements for this pilot?

Council contact shared to our unit in a text. Supposedly will be announced later this week in our council newsletter.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@InquisitiveScouter Here's the text of that message:

 

An announcement was made today during the BSA National Annual Meeting regarding Scouts BSA. The BSA has received feedback through member surveys, councils, and other sources that have encouraged a third option be made available to serve youth and their families interested in Scouting. This option would be a “combined troop” option to help serve all youth and families that wish to participate in Scouting guided by the Scout Oath and Law. The National Executive Committee (NEC) has authorized the Scouts BSA Committee to conduct a limited pilot from September 1, 2024, through July 2025. The Scouts BSA Committee will collect feedback from participants and make a recommendation based on the data on the program to the NEC in 2025.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HashTagScouts said:

And there you go- there is your new logo in that email

047efa1d3c1dfc61ad712f525d948e2bfdfe2fa649bd0f1f0a4cb94754e9fdb0.thumb.png.837c7138e07f30ff3391470baedc8765.png

Sounds like a Charles Kuralt Sunday morning TV show.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...