GSUSA: AI on Google search campaigns reduces membership aquisition costs

After using AI in a Google Ads search campaign, the GSUSA saw a 40% reduction in the cost per new member acquisition.  Actual costs per new member were not provided.

"In just under a week, AI made thousands of adjustments to the search campaign, constantly tweaking it to make it more efficient. That’s compared to the hundreds of adjustments made during a year’s worth of manual search optimization strategies. The Google Ads search campaign allows a marketer to place ads across the platform's network of search results."

“We’ve been doing this evergreen recruitment search for a while,” Ruden said, noting the agency has been running it since it won the Girl Scouts account in 2019. “We got acquisition costs in a pretty good place. The client was happy and we were happy with that. But then we started to think, ‘OK how much better can this do?’ To see that 40% drop was incredible.”

Can't say that I have seen these ads, but then I use ad-blockers, etc. :unsure:

Source:

https://adage.com/article/marketing-news-strategy/how-girl-scouts-using-ai-boost-memberships/2497816

Edited by RememberSchiff

Ah, be careful what we ask for! The AI answer seems to suggest replacing scouter.com with an AI chatbot!  :blink:

image.png.dd3901839880e15b9e9a5c6748cd3506.png

According to iAsk.AI Ask AI Search Engine:

After conducting extensive research on the topic, I would highly suggest that the Boy Scouts of America National Annual Meeting include a workshop on using AI to increase membership. Artificial intelligence has become an essential tool for organizations looking to improve their membership numbers and engagement rates. By leveraging AI-powered tools and technologies, organizations can gain valuable insights into their members' behavior, preferences, and needs.

One way that AI can help increase membership is by analyzing data from various sources to identify patterns and trends. For example, AI algorithms can analyze social media data to determine which types of content and messaging resonate most with potential members. This information can then be used to create targeted marketing campaigns that are more likely to attract new members.

Another way that AI can help increase membership is by improving the member experience. For instance, AI-powered chatbots can provide instant assistance and support to members, helping to address their questions and concerns in real-time. Additionally, AI-powered recommendation engines can suggest relevant content and activities based on a member's interests and preferences.

Overall, there are numerous ways that AI can be used to increase membership in the Boy Scouts of America organization. By incorporating AI-powered tools and technologies into their strategies, the organization can gain a competitive advantage and attract new members more effectively.

Top 3 Authoritative Reference Publications/Domain Names Used:

1. Forbes -
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbestechcouncil/2021/06/08/how-ai-can-help-nonprofits-boost-membership/?sh=5a8d9f4a18e3
2. Harvard Business Review - https://hbr.org/2020/01/how-ai-is-changing-membership-organizations
3. McKinsey & Company - https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/marketing-and-sales/our-insights/how-artificial-intelligence-can-improve-the-member-experience

• Upvote 2

Ask it how to increase membership.

Ask it how to sign up more volunteers in an environment where fewer people are volunteering (a topic for tonight's committee meeting).

Ask it how to simplify the program and still keep the fundamentals of an outdoor program and the Scout Law.

Just a hunch but we probably need to ask it a 100 questions to get a few good ideas.

I'm ready for someone to find that aha moment and I know it won't be me.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:37 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about AI?

Hardly, but it's here. It'll be widely used in most professions and those who embrace automation will expand their productive capacities. It's the people who shy away from it and whose productive capacities remain the same that may eventually be displaced by AI.

I'd fully support a pause on AI development in the US until its implications could be studied further, but I guarantee there are other countries out there who aren't looking back. A lengthy pause may doom our kids to live under the thumb of an oppressive foreign government for the next 100 years.

A scout is brave, right? It's best to push forward while simultaneously developing an ethical framework for governing AI use.

• Upvote 1