Are they still keeping Scouts and others from placing flags in Arlington?

I don't know about Arlington, but my youth troop was posting photos placing flags at the Bay Pines National Cemetery in St. Petersburg, FL this weekend. And it was good to see them continuing to do that service project 30-something years after the last time I was involved.

Our Troop assists our local American Legion in placing flags for Memorial Day in those cemeteries in their district.

It's a great history lesson for our Scouts as well, as we have some markers here from the French and Indian War!!  

In fact, just the day before yesterday was the anniversary of the first battle of that conflict, out near @qwazse's way (or what we here call western Pennsyltucky)

Battle of Jumonville Glen (a skirmish, really)... where 40 Provincial Troops (accompanied by 12 Mingo natives, including two boys) ambushed 35 Canadiens (French Canadians).

The provincials were from Virginia, and under the command of a 22-year old Lieutenant Colonel named... George Washington, and it was his first time in combat.

We also talk a little about each conflict we see markers for ... the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War (with Grand Army of the Republic and Confederate States of America markers), the Indian Wars, the Spanish American War, WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Iraq, and  Afghanistan were all in cemeteries we placed flags in this year. 

• Upvote 1