Happy Thanksgiving!

We have no regular troop meeting tonight because of the Thanksgiving holiday, so I'm going thru Scouting withdrawal.....

I just want to wish all of our Forum friends a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful we have this forum where we can come together in the Scouting spirit and exchange ideas, opinions, suggestions, and offer assistance.

A great holiday to you and your families!

DALE

Thanks Dale,

I echo your sentiments.

It has been a very tough year for me and mine.

I have for a number of years had the Scout Oath and Scout Law as my guide. I know this may sound corny, but it's true. Before I would do something I would look at it and my reason for doing it. I never really thought of being Brave. When the Doctor used that terrible "C" Word in connection with Her Who Must Be Obeyed being brave took on a real meaning.

Of course we all wish that it hadn't came anywhere near us, our home or my family.

I am thankful she is still with me and we live in a place where we have so many resources.

We are beating this thing and it has if anything brought us closer and more loving.

I have over this past six months met some of the most caring professional medical staff and people under going chemotherapy and radiation therapy, I have stood in awe of these people and how very brave they are.

We know that we are blessed with a son who is a good kid, at one time I thought it looked like it would be just him and I. I wasn't sure if I would be up to the task. The thought of Her That Must Be Obeyed mother moving in inspired me!!

The Big Guy Upstairs is looking out for us and He will be with us when we raise a glass tomorrow and say thanks.

Eamonn.

I wish for a happy thanksgiving for all as well.

Eamonn -- you and yours will be remembered vocally at our family thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm giving the grace as well as cooking the meal, so I can guarantee it.

Bless you all!

Unc.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone in here.

How ironic is it that only a day or two after Thanksgiving, a day of being thankful for what we have, we find ourselves making wishlists for the holiday season? If it were up to me, we'd have Thanksgiving on the third Thursday of DECEMBER, to coincide with the holidays, and to remind people to be thankful rather than "wantful."

..Just thinking out loud..