Non BSA Scouting Program in the US

All this talk about the format of the Scouting program and founders got me thinking, I remember awhile back there were a few posts about a Non BSA scouting program that had a few units in the US. The premise of these units were that the BSA was not the program BP had in mind and this program was closer if not it. Does anybody else remember that? I think there was a website, anybody know?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Rover site:

In her introduction to the 35th edition of Scouting for Boys, Olave Baden-Powell wrote in part, Details of programs and activities must always change with circumstances and conditions, but in its spirit and essentials his (B.-P.) book is timeless and universal, and it is for us who come after him to act as its guardians and to see that the whole essence of Scouting is preserved therein, whatever may be the adaptations or allowances to meet varying conditions or needs.

So... can someone point me to the quote from one of scouting's founders that the Program must be strictly adhered to at all times..as some posters suggest.

I am not sure where this is going to lead, but this is from the adult application form

In signing this application, I have read the attached

information and apply for registration with the Boy

Scouts of America. I agree to comply with the Charter

and Bylaws, and the Rules and Regulations of the

Boy Scouts of America and the local council. I affirm

that the information I have given on this form is true

and correct.

So we agreed to follow the rules and regulations of the Boy Scouts of America, is this what you mean ?

OGE - I'll play.

Please post the Rules and Regulations of the BSA and your local council on your next post.

B-P says:

"Scouting is not an abstruse or difficult science; rather it is a jolly game if you take it in the right light."

Why are the strict constructionalist making it so difficult. B-P wants it to be jolly and simple. I'll look forward to reading the simple rules and regulations on your post.