2023-2024 Program Year, Summer Camps Reccomendations

All, looking ahead to next year we're beginning the uh... plan ... for the annual plan.  I found this Wikipedia article that lists all summer camps... found it useful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_council_camps_(Boy_Scouts_of_America)

BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THIS POST :)

I would like feedback, particularly (selfishly) for FL/GA/NC/SC/AL camps you definitely recommend and why.

But I thought this could be a refresh of generally useful feedback on camp destinations to put on our collective bucket list for next year or beyond.  So by all means, recommend any camp but as I mentioned... being selfish I am definitely looking for GA, NC, SC, AL based camp suggestions.

Our troop has attended camps at the following and feedback has been we're return to any of these.  Favorites would probably be Camp Shands for their awesome Tree House campsite (need to commit to filling 32 bunks to get entire site or Be Prepared to share) and Raven Knob which really was scenic and challenged us Flat Landers with terrain in a way we don't normally get confronted.  Bert Adams is also often touted, although was attended before my tenure so I can't personally comment on it. 

We are FL based and I feel the troop developing some wanderlust so we're looking in 2024 at doing one camp in council and a second camp out of state, hence my particular interest in hearing about GA, NC, SC, AL camps as most are driveable for us under the GTSS rules in a day.  Beyond that we're looking at flying or breaking the drive up into multiple days which complicates logistics - but does not rule out any given destination.

• Camp Shands (FL)
  • Camp La No Che (FL)
  • Rainy Mountain (GA)
  • Raven Knob (NC)
  • Daniel Boone (NC)
  • Bert Adams (GA)