Positive PR in "National Treasure: Edge of History"

I love the original "National Treasure" movie and have gotten a kick out of the new Disney+ series, "National Treasure: Edge of History."

No spoilers, but in the season finale two of the main characters are trying to navigate a swamp.  One says something along the lines of "I wish I had paid more attention in Boy Scouts."  He jokes that his dad made him sign up so he could become an adventurer but he never made it past Scout.  When he asks the second character how far he made it, the second replies "Eagle."

The Eagle Scout uses some basic navigation skills (direction of the sunset) to go get help and eventually returns to save the day.  After the Eagle Scout explains how he did it, the first character exclaims, "Boy Scout!" 

I was honestly surprised at how long the conversation went on, and even more to see the positive impression of Scout Skills come back for a second time. Great to see some positive cultural relevance.

I'm off to MC our pinewood derby... fingers crossed that my Wolf's Princess Peach Mario Kart makes a good showing.  Scout on!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
On 2/11/2023 at 9:43 AM, BlueandSilverBear said:

… The Eagle Scout uses some basic navigation skills (direction of the sunset) to go get help and eventually returns to save the day.  After the Eagle Scout explains how he did it, the first character exclaims, "Boy Scout!" 

Art imitating life. From marines at boot camp “remembering all those orienteering lessons that I had tried to forget” during their night in the crucible to veterans who told me about how calm and fearless Eagle Scouts were when their platoon had to bivouac … I’ve heard this story multiple times in multiple ways from multiple people.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, qwazse said:

Art imitating life. From marines at boot camp “remembering all those orienteering lessons that I had tried to forget” during their night in the crucible to veterans who told me about how calm and fearless Eagle Scouts were when their platoon had to bivouac … I’ve heard this story multiple times in multiple ways from multiple people.

Camping, shooting, first aid... time in the field was my favorite part of basic training 🤠   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
17 hours ago, qwazse said:

From marines at boot camp...

One of my Eagles told me how in Iraq, the plastic tensioners on the tents kept breaking. So he used a Tautline Hitch on  his ten to fix the problem. His platoon's Gunnery Sgt. sees him doing this, and has him teach everyone in the platoon hot to do this so that when they break, they know what to do.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2