Does the Re-Charter info Automatically Update Scoutbook ?

Our Troop just completed it's re-charter and there are some changes with regard to our roster.  Are the BSA charter systems and Scoutbook connected?  Meaning, when your re-charter contains roster changes, are those changes automatically reflected in Scoutbook?  Or does Troop Admin need to update their Scoutbook roster accordingly.  

Many Thanks !

15 hours ago, 5thGenTexan said:

Its my understand since recharter is through Internet Advancement now, everything should refresh pretty quickly.  

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA . WE had so many issues with the recharter process, I had to make a bunch of calls and emails before I could finally pay it. Did pay and it is still messed up last time I checked. Hopefully they will fix it, but with everyone rechartering at 1 time, instead of staggered like it used to be, the office staff is overwhelmed.

For us, it was overnight once processed. 

We did have 2 adults “duplicate”. Asked in the forums for this to be resolved. It was. One needed the local registrar to consolidate.

Very clean and straightforward, for 2 of our 3 units processed so far. 

The 3rd unit has a Scout who is multipled in another council. Her troop folded and she didn’t recharter with them. This has held us up by about a week. She found a troop and is registering with them as we speak. Then, the 3rd unit can be processed. 

59 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

BWAHAHAHAHHAHA . WE had so many issues with the recharter process, I had to make a bunch of calls and emails before I could finally pay it. Did pay and it is still messed up last time I checked. Hopefully they will fix it, but with everyone rechartering at 1 time, instead of staggered like it used to be, the office staff is overwhelmed.

Ours was within 24 hours from submitting.    

Check your roster in my.scouting.org ---> MENU ---> Your Unit ID ---> Roster

Once this is updated, your Scoutbook roster update should follow within 24 hours.  Any youth who aged out may linger on a bit longer.

Our recharter went very cleanly with 52 Scouts / 28 Leaders.  The absolute key is to have all your roster updates / applications processed BEFORE you submit for recharter.

Edited by InquisitiveScouter
4 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

The absolute key is to have all your roster updates / applications processed BEFORE you submit for recharter.

This is key. Keep this correct as you go along, and recharter should almost be a non-event. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, mrjohns2 said:

This is key. Keep this correct as you go along, and recharter should almost be a non-event. 

If the registrar likes you, you will have no problems with recharter 😜

Want to get the registrar to like you?  Complete your paperwork properly, file it in a timely manner, and have sufficient funds to cover registrations...

Pretty simple recipe.

• Upvote 1