Boy Scout Sleeps Outside for Three Straight Years

• T2Eagle changed the title to Boy Scout Sleeps Outside for Three Straight Years

3 years straight?  Not sure of that many places in Minnesota that keep a temperature that would keep snow year-round unless you were very high. he may have done this each winter for 3 years plus, maybe. 

Not sure that the facts are correct?

1000 hours over winter very possible 

It seems he has done it nightly over that time period.  Not just winter, and not just in the snow.  Not likely a challenge most could handle.  A week or two for me was enough when I was younger, though I did sleep on our portch in the summer in the desert when a teen.  Got to know the stars very well, and absorbed a lot of spiritual vibrations that still linger.  

one of the other writers called it a quinzhee (snow cave) so, so that is my reason for questioning it.

After reading the story did not see any snow caves. 

But still, a feat of its own just not 1000 days in a snow cave

the time is right based on the starting date.

I'm confused by your comment, @jcousino: the article never claims that all 1000 nights were spent that way, only the one thousandth itself (though others may have been spent that way as well). Did I overlook something (a common occurrence).

Edited by KublaiKen
Missed a word.

Here's the start of an idea from source

https://www.today.com/parents/teens/minnesota-boy-scout-sleeps-outside-1000-days-rcna68868

Isaac is thinking ahead to this summer when he'll be traveling for the Boy Scout Jamboree and eventually will make his way to Washington, D.C. He says he would love to camp on the White House lawn and hopes President Joe Biden might extend an invitation.

“If he had one wish right now, it would be for the president to ask him to camp out on the White House lawn,” Isaac’s dad says. “Wouldn’t that be neat? It would be a feel-good story for the nation.” 

Perhaps Isaac's parents could be invited to stay in the Lincoln bedroom?

https://www.today.com/parents/teens/minnesota-boy-scout-sleeps-outside-1000-days-rcna68868

Edited by RememberSchiff
for source clarity
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, MattR said:

That would be some great visibility.

@RememberSchiff , you should edit your post to include the quotes. I thought this was your idea.

Sorry about that, I edited to hopefully provide better source clarity. 

When quoting a media source, particularly one already with interview quotes in it, I prefer to italicize the quoted source text (maybe I should change font too).  It seems cleaner visually to me. Another reason, albeit technical, is quote marks have been interpreted as an embedded command delimiter by forum software which has lead to data migration hiccups in the past.

Edited by RememberSchiff