How do we fulfill a requirement like tour a federal facility if we live in Asia?

8 minutes ago, Umi said:

Do we just find local facilities equivalent to federal buildings? It will be hard to make such comparison.

Is this for Cit in the Nation, 2c? It's worth pointing out that Cit in the Nation requirement 2 has the structure of of pick two out of four requirements, so you can do the others. Also, a US embassy or consulate would qualify as would potentially US military bases (though that's tougher). I would also potentially consider a virtual visit to be acceptable within these constraints, but ask your merit badge counselor.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
23 hours ago, malraux said:

Is this for Cit in the Nation, 2c? It's worth pointing out that Cit in the Nation requirement 2 has the structure of of pick two out of four requirements, so you can do the others. Also, a US embassy or consulate would qualify as would potentially US military bases (though that's tougher). I would also potentially consider a virtual visit to be acceptable within these constraints, but ask your merit badge counselor.

Well answered. 

Requirements are to enlighten the scout and lift his experience.  ... IMHO, requirements are not to be "unreasonable" show-stoppers.  If there would be a chance a year out to visit a federal facility and it fits the scouts journey, great.  But if the requirement will cost $1000 ... or the scout has been showing advancement progress and this one requirement causes an big stopping point, then I'd look for more creative solutions.

• 4 weeks later...