Halloween costume by celebrity looks genuine

This story came out from the Daily Mail today.  It could simply be a halloween costume,, but some things stand out.  First ususaly with a Halloween costume something is different from the whole outfit.  It could be a play on words or "slutty, or sexy" added into the costume name.  But from what I can see he looks in the role as a leader should look in souts.  Uniform clothing outfits match, shoes, patches, even the hat though it is an older one.  Except for the hat, though it is an older but still acceptable style, it looks like a leader should be.  Second,  he does have two children and one of them is reported around the age of Lions.  He is also carrying a Lions folder with correct logo and a cubscout uniform.  The position patch could be Pack Committee or Den Leader.  Oddly, the patch appears to be missing in one of the pictures, it could just be the angle.

Anyway,  could this be a climps into something he actually is involved in?  If he is I'm surpised the council would be keeping his volunteerism quiet, it seems like a big opportunity to use fame for the program.  Which does bring a question.  With celebrities or well known individuals  from the public life, how much of a role does using fame if they choose, to help promote the program expected of them?  

I think the Daily Mail is using the holiday as a device to add some humor to a picture which may have been acquired some time time ago. I leave to native Brits to comment further on their countrymen’s sense of humor.

But … an interesting backstory would be if, off camera,  Bear Grylls talked to him about introducing his girls to scouting.

We might not know until the young ladies publish their own memoir decades from now. Until then, I’m willing to let them have a small niche of normalcy and explore no further.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...

Seeing him in the news in the past few days about being a den leader for his son's lion den is pretty cool.  There is a photo of him on the web from his Philmont trek in the 90s.  About time to see public-eye folks shed some positivity in Scouting.  Maybe he can turn a page and put his celebrity status to use.  

• Upvote 1

If you read just a few of the comments you'll see that he's a scout leader with a son in scouts, who he's carrying his uniform for. A bunch of people called the author out on it being a Halloween event. I mean, this is the Daily Mail so... click bait. Many called it creepy because they thought the uniforms were only for scouts. Most complained that Kutcher no longer looks like he's 20. A lot of stupid comments. And yet the upvotes correcting the mistakes fell much more positively for scouting. That alone impressed me.

I think it's nice to see. And talk about a natural cub master.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...