Current BSA enrollment as of 9/21 with goal

5 minutes ago, jcousino said:

If they are reporting numbers not allowing for registration losses these numbers are highly misrepresentative.

I'm not so sure. They are comparing end of year to end of year. Each year you will have some who do re-up. Yes, there are different ways of slicing it, but if you compare current as of today to end of year last year, that is pretty close to apples to apples. That doesn't misrepresent anything. 

To get what you want, you would want to compare post recharter to post recharter. Say, April 1st to April 1st. Again, you wouldn't compare Oct to April 1st of this year. It wouldn't be apples to apples. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We hired a magician to one school round up and balloon artist for the other. We had about 20 and 20 sign ups. 

Our pack went from 33 last year to 67. All new cubs. It has been a crazy few weeks. 

This was on Facebook this evening. Circle 10 - 4% Overall Council Year-End Growth and 19% September Council Growth

Posted Images

to me, apple to apples would be last year's to same date as this year. But again, we are playing with incomplete.

number

>when my college reports enrollment data year to year same date lets us know how will stand as compared to past years It would interesting to see how new registrations year to last look

March should tell the tale

15 minutes ago, jcousino said:

to me, apple to apples would be last year's to same date as this year.

My.scouting has that. What they are showing is, for example, say 10/25/22 compared to 10/31/21 to see how the end of October compares to month to date. Are we on track to where we were at this time last year. Then they have the end of the year 12/31/21 to show how far we were max to max if you will. That is, are we on track tend wise to how we ended 2021. It doesn’t show say 10/25 to 10/25 as the exact day is irrelevant. Month totals tell a lot more. 

14 hours ago, mrjohns2 said:

My.scouting has that. What they are showing is, for example, say 10/25/22 compared to 10/31/21 to see how the end of October compares to month to date. Are we on track to where we were at this time last year. Then they have the end of the year 12/31/21 to show how far we were max to max if you will. That is, are we on track tend wise to how we ended 2021. It doesn’t show say 10/25 to 10/25 as the exact day is irrelevant. Month totals tell a lot more. 

That would normally be the case but what muddles this is the fate of the paused UMC units. Those extensions started in 2021 and now are extending fully through 2022. The real membership numbers won't be known until some time after December 31, 2022 when we are able to compare last quarter 2021 to first quarter 2023. What's also not clear is how "transferred" scouts are being captured in this. I don't think there's much solidity to be found in any numbers until this spring. 

12 minutes ago, yknot said:

That would normally be the case but what muddles this is the fate of the paused UMC units. Those extensions started in 2021 and now are extending fully through 2022.

I’m not so sure. The way I understood it, at least in my council, the people still had to “reup” or not. It was only the $75 (now $100) charter that was extended. So, they dropped or not already. At least in my council. 

58 minutes ago, mrjohns2 said:

I’m not so sure. The way I understood it, at least in my council, the people still had to “reup” or not. It was only the $75 (now $100) charter that was extended. So, they dropped or not already. At least in my council. 

Same here. Charters were extended, but the annual participant registration fee was not given extension.

2 hours ago, mrjohns2 said:

The fees/registrations are being collected but if the charters fail, they have no home unless a new charter can be found. There are plenty of units collecting registrations without knowing who their charter will be after the December extension runs out, or are just now learning there is an issue. 

20 hours ago, yknot said:

The fees/registrations are being collected but if the charters fail, they have no home unless a new charter can be found.

The charters were extended too. So, they continued to be a unit and count in the numbers. The drop will likely Jan 1 of this year. 

2 hours ago, mrjohns2 said:

The charters were extended too. So, they continued to be a unit and count in the numbers. The drop will likely Jan 1 of this year. 

Yes. I think that's what I said? -- Charters extended and registrations collected. There will probably be a grace period but that should mostly sort out by March of next year.