Female Adult Leader Requirement Question

We have just joined a new Pack with my daughter at the Bear level.  She is the only female in her Den.  I know that the standard requirement is one YPT trained Adult Female over the age of 21 for any activity where a female scout is present.  Is that requirement waived if I am present as her father?  There are other Dens that have more female scouts where it is critical that they have a Female Adult since there are multiple girls in that Den and there are a limited number of willing female adults that the Pack has in a YPT trained role. 

44 minutes ago, medic077 said:

We have just joined a new Pack with my daughter at the Bear level.  She is the only female in her Den.  I know that the standard requirement is one YPT trained Adult Female over the age of 21 for any activity where a female scout is present.  Is that requirement waived if I am present as her father?  There are other Dens that have more female scouts where it is critical that they have a Female Adult since there are multiple girls in that Den and there are a limited number of willing female adults that the Pack has in a YPT trained role. 

Welcome!

No, it is not. 

But check with your local Scout Executive regarding a "waiver" to policy.  YMMV.

Edited by InquisitiveScouter

How do the dens meet?  Our Pack holds den meetings in full view of everyone else.  We always have 2 registered females present.  They may not be sitting in the actual den meeting spot, but they have an intervisibility line between themselves and the dens at all times.  With our new Lion/Tiger DL, we don't really need to worry about it now.  Our female Scouts are AOL (female DL) and Tiger/Lions.  Last year, our Lion Den had a male leader - me.  The only female was my daughter.