Chapter 11 announced - Part 12 - District Court

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Omni created a new docket for the appeals here:  Consolidated Appeals of Confirmation Order Lengthy scheduling order is here:  https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/e4a87bc5-4

It has been a while, but it feels like we are getting close to the end (or the beginning of the actual trust). It doesn't seem like District Court is pushing to overturn.  In Purdue, the confirma

If only all that money BSA poured into the cash sink that is Summit (north of $750 million) was available and had NOT been dumped by the truckload in West Virginia

Posted Images

Well, they already documented a few cases of fraud. Plus there was numerous cases where there are serious questions. Sadly this hurts the real victims. Personally would like to see the fake claims get monetarily penalized with the monies going to victims.

10 minutes ago, yknot said:

Don't know if Reuters link will work but if interested you can Google direct. Didn't see it posted here.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/boy-scouts-insurers-say-246-bln-settlement-inflated-by-bogus-claims-2022-11-08/

With full respect for all victims/survivors, it would be easy for a scammer to make a claim involving a deceased former leader.  I hope the vetting process is thorough.  That said, the insurers should be paying more, not less, because the damages per claim far exceed what is on the table.

On 11/14/2022 at 11:17 AM, Eagle1970 said:

With full respect for all victims/survivors, it would be easy for a scammer to make a claim involving a deceased former leader.  I hope the vetting process is thorough.  That said, the insurers should be paying more, not less, because the damages per claim far exceed what is on the table.

So are they getting claims now? 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, MattR said:

I was talking to our commissioner and he said it was a good thing the bankruptcy was over. I said no, it wasn't. He was surprised and that someone told him it was over. I told him the BSA was still paying lawyers and the judge hadn't finalized it yet.

So, basically this is the new normal. We're more on our own than before. It's more important than before that we put on a good program.

I agree with you 100%. Also, in some respects I think it is good that most of our local leaders really don’t know what is going on with the BK. They are just focusing on providing the best program for the scouts. 

There is such a dichotomy between what is going on at National and the local units. I think the troop that I am involved with is about to complete its best year of Scouting in  years. It has been a joy to watch.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good timing ... we actually have some movement.  Looks like 2/9 & 2/10 there will be appeals hearings.  

ORAL ORDER: Argument on the Bankruptcy Appeal is now set for 2/9/2023, and 2/10/2023 in Courtroom 6A. The 8 issues on appeal outlined in the letter filed at D.I. 115 will be heard as follows: Issue 1 will be heard at 9:30 AM on 2/9/2023; Issue 2 and 4 will be heard on 2/9/2023, at 2:00 PM; Issue 3 will be heard on 2/10/2023, at 9:00 AM; and Issues 5 through 8 will be heard on 2/10/2023, at 2:00 PM. Ordered by Judge Richard G. Andrews on 1/10/2023. (nms) (Entered: 01/10/2023)

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, RobertCalifornia said:

No news at all? After daily posts for over two years, it is strange that all the conversations have ended. 

I guess everyone is just waiting for what’s next? 

There was a strong use of these scouting threads by lawyers and those associated with keeping the case moving.  Now that the case is mostly decided ... except appeals ... except money distribution ... except 1000 other issues, the daily use of these threads does not serve the case.

• Upvote 1

What's interesting to me (with regards to timing) is that certain aspects of the NAM depend on the Ch. 11 appeals.  Everyone wants to get started with the rebirth, and in the meantime we have lots to celebrate (our EOY numbers), but it would be nice to come out of the gate charging hard towards the fall 2023 membership goals.  Regardless of what happens in Delaware, it's going to be a great year for Scouting.