CHP arrests camp burglars (CA)

08/08/22:

CHP officers responded to a call of a pickup truck and trailer stuck in the mud. Officer noticed Boy Scout patches and a map of Camp John Mensinger, a nearby BSA camp.

That piqued the interest of the officers, who also noticed that the trailer had numerous items on it that were suspected to be stolen property.

The officers called the Tuolumne Sheriff’s office for backup. Deputies went to the Boy Scout Camp and confirmed that six buildings had been burglarized. Sheriff’s spokesperson Sgt. Jacob Ostoich detailed, “Helsel admitted to burglarizing the camp and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

Helsel's accomplice was also arrested. Both Helsel and Vierra were taken into custody for felony burglary and criminal conspiracy.

More details at source

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/2710176/boy-scout-patches-trip-up-two-alleged-burglars.html

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 2

I'm not going to lie.  When I clicked on the topic, I thought it said "CHP arrests camp buglers".  🤣

On topic, you have to be a truly despicable person to steal from a scout camp.  I am glad they were dumb enough to get caught.

Edited by Tatung42
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tatung42 said:

I'm not going to lie.  When I clicked on the topic, I thought it said "CHP arrests camp buglers".  🤣

I have heard a bugler or three who could have been arrested for murdering musical notes!! 😋