Had several meetings this week about what is going on in Scouting. . Apparently I am spreading rumors since I keep up with the bankruptcy , state what is being told in court (via this site and others), and ask questions that the PTB either do not want to answer, or do not know the answer because they are not informed.

I asked about council mergers since BSA plans to downsize the number. Answer is council mergers wont be happening if goals are met. I asked about why we are investing in a camp, when the merger possibility exists and the camp will get sold. Told again no mergers are going to happen if goals are met. Asked about when the changes to YPT will occur, and was told  I am spreading rumors.

Sad thing is I find out more here and on other sites, than I do from my council.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
41 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Had several meetings this week about what is going on in Scouting. . Apparently I am spreading rumors since I keep up with the bankruptcy , state what is being told in court (via this site and others), and ask questions that the PTB either do not want to answer, or do not know the answer because they are not informed.

I asked about council mergers since BSA plans to downsize the number. Answer is council mergers wont be happening if goals are met. I asked about why we are investing in a camp, when the merger possibility exists and the camp will get sold. Told again no mergers are going to happen if goals are met. Asked about when the changes to YPT will occur, and was told  I am spreading rumors.

Sad thing is I find out more here and on other sites, than I do from my council.

Sadly, I have great concerns on the future, because I don't for a second believe the institution of the BSA is truly going to learn anything from what we are currently going through and change itself. They had significant staff reductions, but the moment they have the chance, I believe they will begin increasing staff again- and not always for what the volunteers/units need, but for what National wants. My own council began hiring again late last year, but not to place individuals in the four open DE positions, but in "membership"- which mostly consists of individuals at the council level that now email and brow beat units on what they are doing to increase membership numbers. I won't at all be surprised if thy go back to allowing professional staff to fly first class, spend large sums on "capital improvements" at the HABs, etc. They live far too much in the "if goals are met" dystopia that somehow we are going to obtain pre-1980 membership levels again. How many more years can the organization stand to sit on that hill and wait for that ship to come in?    

• Sad 2

Sure, if they get 6,000,000 more scouts this fall, a lot can change.

To be honest, I think a lot of professionals do not know what is coming.  Perhaps SEs do, but I'm not convinced DEs.  I know one time I sent a note to my DE about something that came out in court.  He asked me how I heard and I sent him the document that was listed in the docket.  He told me later the SE and council leaders were unaware.  

The first day of the hearing went through that slide show of the senior leader meeting at Philmont. I wished it ended up on the docket (I'll see off transcript are available).  The key slide was basically they cannot wait for consensus.. perhaps the councils do not know what is about to happen. 

1 hour ago, Eagle1993 said:

Looks like you can now request the transcript from March 14 hearing.  You need to call:

(302)654-8080

This was the day where that BSA leadership summit was discussed. 

Thank you. I want a copy.

@Eagle94-A1Not hard to meet goals when they are set very low to begin with.  The solution is to just remove the goal like they did with TF Pull ups.

If Council A is failing and they are next to Council B who is not, will B be forced to take on A?

Council EBs are always close lipped about any news that makes them look bad.   How any camp closure surprises have we seen posted on the forum?

6 hours ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

You're just a troublemaker 😜

On 8/5/2022 at 12:01 PM, Eagle94-A1 said:

Same here for getting info.  Better hear than my BOD. and thank you Eagle94-A1 for your work on this here.