An interesting tidbit from last night's round table

I attended my district round table remotely last night.  Toward the end of the Cub Scout breakout, the Council Commissioner came over and told us that a policy is in the wings that required any adult on a campout to be a registered adult.  That raised a whole lot of questions, mainly from the cost standpoint.  If we have 20 kids go camping and each one has mom or dad or both, that's a bunch of extra adults we have to register and pay for.  We ask - edging toward require - all adults on overnight activities to take YPT.  I understand the position BSA is in.  There are reports of Scouts being abused by the parents of other Scouts.  I just don't see the extra $45/year for the parents to participate (mandatory for most of the Cub Scouts) as a good selling point for the program.  There needs to be some sort of middle ground.  

My understanding is the 72 hour rule, i.e. no registration needed for adults if the activity is under 72 hours, will be going away for Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts, and Venturing.  It will remain for Cub Scouts. 

• Upvote 3
11 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

My understanding is the 72 hour rule, i.e. no registration needed for adults if the activity is under 72 hours, will be going away for Scouts BSA, Sea Scouts, and Venturing.  It will remain for Cub Scouts. 

Correct.  This is part of the bankruptcy agreement.   I think it also goes away for Cub Scouts if the adult is not a parent.  

• Upvote 1