Looking for clarity on the silver device for the NOAA - Camping award. It says it is for an "additional 100 nights of camping". Does that mean once a scout reaches 125 hours of camping he/she has earned the silver device? Or is the 100 hours in addition to the hours needed to earn the gold devices?

TIA

I'm confused. Is it hours or nights of camping? 100 hours of camping at 40 hours/campout isn't very much. But 100 nights is rather respectable. Then again, I'm not too sure what the NOAA program is. To me NOAA refers to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (or something like that).

It reads to me like the devices indicate how many total nights camping the scout has. So the segment indicates 25 nights and each gold device is an additional 25 nights. A silver device would indicate 100 nights plus 25 for the patch segment.

1 minute ago, MattR said:

I'm confused. Is it hours or nights of camping? 100 hours of camping at 40 hours/campout isn't very much. But 100 nights is rather respectable. Then again, I'm not too sure what the NOAA program is. To me NOAA refers to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (or something like that).

https://www.scouting.org/programs/scouts-bsa/advancement-and-awards/noa/

• Thanks 1

Thanks to MattR and malraux! Yes, it is nights of camping and I think you are correct the way it reads that it would be a total of 125 for the silver device ... the first 25 for the patch and then the additional 100 earns the silver. 

malraux - I also think of the other NOAA when I see it.