I have a question is perhaps best plopped here. In light of the many, many comments from Scouters about how in the dark their LCs have been to the details of the bankruptcy, do many have a plan for the prospect of a plan plotz? I noted on another thread the post about one LC that has thought through it and has such a course of action. If I were in any local leadership role, and assuming I am informed about the machinations of the case, I sure definitely would have been noodling on that since word of the dreaded Toggle Plan. 

I get notices from two Councils and speak with a friend who is a longtime Scouter and now SM of a huge Unit. Mention of such a state of being prepared is absent. Crickets. My friend and I reconnected about two months ago. Until then, he was apprised his LC had their contribution in hand, was effectively released and ready to go on their merry way with the fall of the gavel. We were texting with the last hour, I mentioned the near 100 days silence and my speculation about the impact of the delayed ruling in Purdue. He was shocked that the third-party releases might be in jeopardy. He knew nothing about a BSA only plan or what that would mean to his Council. Nada. Nothing. No notion. Nein nootropics nowhere, nohow. 

18 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

I have a question is perhaps best plopped here. In light of the many, many comments from Scouters about how in the dark their LCs have been to the details of the bankruptcy, do many have a plan for the prospect of a plan plotz? I noted on another thread the post about one LC that has thought through it and has such a course of action. If I were in any local leadership role, and assuming I am informed about the machinations of the case, I sure definitely would have been noodling on that since word of the dreaded Toggle Plan. 

I get notices from two Councils and speak with a friend who is a longtime Scouter and now SM of a huge Unit. Mention of such a state of being prepared is absent. Crickets. My friend and I reconnected about two months ago. Until then, he was apprised his LC had their contribution in hand, was effectively released and ready to go on their merry way with the fall of the gavel. We were texting with the last hour, I mentioned the near 100 days silence and my speculation about the impact of the delayed ruling in Purdue. He was shocked that the third-party releases might be in jeopardy. He knew nothing about a BSA only plan or what that would mean to his Council. Nada. Nothing. No notion. Nein nootropics nowhere, nohow. 

Either the councils are being kept in the dark by national with everything going on, the councils are ignorant of what is going on,  the councils have their heads in the sand, or the councils to do not want to pass along the bad news to volunteers thinking it will cause a death spiral. 

51 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

I have a question is perhaps best plopped here. In light of the many, many comments from Scouters about how in the dark their LCs have been to the details of the bankruptcy, do many have a plan for the prospect of a plan plotz? ... 

30 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

Either the councils are being kept in the dark by national with everything going on, the councils are ignorant of what is going on,  the councils have their heads in the sand, or the councils to do not want to pass along the bad news to volunteers thinking it will cause a death spiral. 

All are possibilities as as I doubt every LC scout executive is in BSA good graces.  Some are more tightly plugged in than others.   

Generally, I think this is about customer relations.  LCs want unit scouters to focus on their units and not get caught up in the ugly larger noise.  So, I really doubt LCs think the unit scouters want to know / need to know / should know the ugly details of everything going on.  

Edited by fred8033

Circle 10 isnt telling us squat.   Aside from the occasional email that the "Bankruptcy is almost complete and we expect a favorable outcome and we can get back to Scouting"  Been hearing that line for awhile now.  Then, we get to hear how great things are, please give us some money. 

I was sent a screenshot of a discussion where a Unit leader asked about UMC Units and how that is going.  C10 is apparently still "working on it" and hope to have something to tell us by the end of the month.  🙄

There are different types adults in Scouts.

The "BSA can do no wrong" crowd who have their head buried in the sand and are paying no attention to what is going on.

The ones that pay no attention to anything other than showing up for their meeting once and a week and take "an hour a week" to heart.

Then there are the people that have been paying attention and have some kind of plan working in spite of the lack of information coming from above.