And our council has announced its fees for next year...

Raised again;

"The Local Council Service Fee will be prorated at the 2022 level until December 31, 2022. Effective January 1, 2023, the Local Council Fee will be raised to $72 per youth for the whole year for registrations that go in 2023."

So now we are at $147 for returning Scouts... $172 for first time Scouts.

Oh, and tack on $15 for Scout Life, if you want it.

(We used to be a 100% Boy's Life Unit... used to be.)

3 hours ago, curious_scouter said:

FOS is down a bit but nothing like the camping revenue tanking.  FOS being down is not surprising.  Who contributes to that?  The most passionate and invested people.  They are still here, so the revenue should be strong-ish still.  But... we all have limits.  When I was paying $48 a year for my two scouts, it was very easy to open up the checkbook when the FOS people came around.  Now that it's $300 a year... I mean... what do you expect?  You're getting what I can reasonable contribute from mandatory fees now.  Sorry... nothing left to give when FOS comes around and zero excitement to see them come around and ask families for more money when they've already increased the base cost of scouting to them by 5 orders of magnitude in the past 3 years without any objective improvement of a similar magnitude to the program or experience for the scouts.  It should embarrass them honestly.

I stopped giving anything to FOS years ago. If a Scout needs a new handbook, I'm happy to pick one up for them on my trip to the Scout Shop. Kid needs $10 to buy a leather working kit at camp, I'm cool with reaching into my wallet. Camp needs brake cleaner and lubricant at the rifle range? Check, I'll pick some up and bring it down. Sports needs new soccer balls that will actually hold air? Check, I can help. But, give $ direct to FOS? Nope. Its whole premise was to get contributions from those OUTSIDE of Scouting. 

• Like 1

We did a preliminary run of the numbers last night. To cover advancement, Scout Life, adult registration, 2 adults at camp, and equipment replacement we will charge $175 (up from $172). $100 “dues” and $75 to national. Campouts are separate at $30. All fundraising dollars goes directly to the Scouts to offset their dues and campout costs.