can you have two charter organizations?

thanks for your help ..all!

SR540Beaver,

Church has no funds, not even seed money. Not even to pay utilities on a temporary meeting hall situation (or rent). They are no where near ready or able to expand...'growing the church was one of the reasons they started the preschool that brought us to this messy situation. Sewer system hook up is also a major problem (local authorities want everyone to build modern high tech stuff and make permits very difficult). We looked into a modular also, and again... front money is a major issue...and believe it or not our parents will not support fund raisers for "this project. "Real Estate development" is not what they want to raise funds for....(and truely with church, school, scouts and sports team sales efforts, I can understand that part). Still looking for an answer, but the two CO idea is looking better and better as a win-win solution...if I can sell it.

Oh and about the 'new' CO starting a new unit... great idea! but due to the area in which they (potential new CO) are located, a new troop hasn't been started in years in that area...older homes, older 'families,...few "kids".

Add to that, the old story that the areas (new developments-big houses) providing the 'growth' for our troop seem to have very busy parents with little scouting background, who don't seem ready to step up to the challenge. Because of the rampant housing growth, churches and other community halls have not been coming online as fast as the "Scout" needs are developing.....but our district folks are trying to grow new units anyway...Still...

It is safer, easier, and less of a "load", to send your son to a strong, working program rather than having to work incredibly hard to start up a new (your own)unit and drive across county... AND I DO understand that too!

again, you guys are great!

anarchist

yes, one *may* have two CO's. my unit did it several years ago, because of internal politics. both CO's had there names listed on our Charter.

is it easy? heck no.

these means a flag with two names on it, and double sets of signatures to approve any *single* adult leader on their applications.

in hindsight, i have no regrets as to how it worked out (we eventually dropped one of the CO's).

but it sure did make things interesting for a year or two......

eSM