Rank Modifications - 05/24

https://www.scouting.org/program-updates/minor-modifications-to-scouts-bsa-rank-requirements/?fbclid=IwAR3-sOchfIApQ7Q4OWI8xS_feXgxITAAea_ipJ8HlZNMVvSQgcs0BbhkIhQ

Minor Modifications to Scouts BSA Rank Requirements

• June 24, 2022

In 2021, all outdoor-related rank advancement requirements were reviewed and realigned based on guidance from the National Outdoor Ethics and Conservation Subcommittee. These adjustments will help more effectively build a Scout’s outdoor ethics knowledge and align with the information in the Scouts BSA Handbook and Fieldbook. The requirements now build in a logical way through the ranks, with Leave No Trace (LNT) and the Outdoor Code (OC) used as references throughout.

Beginning August 1, 2022, these minor modifications to the Scouts BSA requirements for the ranks of Scout through Star will take effect. Scouts may continue using the existing requirements for the rank on which they are currently working, or they may choose to use the new requirements. Scouts must use the new requirements once they advance to their next rank. On January 1, 2023, all Scouts must use only the new requirements.

The specific changes are detailed below. 

In addition, beginning July 1, 2022, the Citizenship in Society merit badge becomes required for the rank of Eagle.

Finally, new videos were created to support “Personal Safety Awareness” (chapter 13) of the Scouts BSA Handbook. These can be used as an alternative to earning the Cyber Chip.

The specific changes can be found here.

2022-Scouts-BSA-rank-requirements-side-by-side.pdf

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Looks solid, make sure you get signed up for those training courses. I don't know about the rest of you but my local council is being a little weird about the new Citizenship in Society MB; I wish they vetted every MBC for every MB as rigorously as they did my cohort for the Citizenship in Society MB. Sign up for that LNT training as well, for me it was a $40 course to be considered a trained LNT trainer for Scouts. 

• Upvote 1
41 minutes ago, Tron said:

Looks solid, make sure you get signed up for those training courses. I don't know about the rest of you but my local council is being a little weird about the new Citizenship in Society MB; I wish they vetted every MBC for every MB as rigorously as they did my cohort for the Citizenship in Society MB. Sign up for that LNT training as well, for me it was a $40 course to be considered a trained LNT trainer for Scouts. 

Have not been able to get any decision or direction from my council on CinS MB.