Question About Investigation Procedures

The policy still says to go first to law enforcement (for actusl reports of abuse) and then to the local Scout Executive.  The national 800 number was intended to be a place for BSA employees to report personnel problems with their BSA bosses.  Generally, it is still not intended for YPT issues or volunteer/youth matters.  I presume the practice of the 800 number contractor referring volunteer/youth matters to the local councils is just a sound administrative  referral practice.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that you need to check this.  If your son were to enlist, then yes, he would automatically advance to E2 because he earned Eagle Scout.   But for ROTC or the service academies, the pay is the

For good or ill, there's not much to do beyond move on if the BSA says to move on. Its a private group and they can more or less arbitrarily ask anyone to move on and go somewhere else whenever they w

Well ... I really do hope you get your son's reputation cleared.  He sounds like a good kid.  ... I also hope the accuser learns something form this process.  ... Everyone make mistakes and even some

What about People who have professional requirement's  that make them  a required reporter to some form of state agency (law enforcement, Child welfare, Ect). I would report to the senior scout professional  present  then to proper state agency for follow up. Not a law enforcement ,fan  but i have heard things 3 rd hand if i had been been made aware of by the scout directly l then I would have to reported it . Directs threats of physical harm is one of the them. add a drug to another scouts water bottle would be an other.. Scout Exe  try to minorize most activities because it puts scouting in a bad light. 

The BSA policy is clear.  When a Scouter becomes aware that actual abuse is taking place, action should be taken to cease the immediate abuse, followed by a report to law enforcement, and then the Scout Executive.  Whether a fact is abuse or not would depend on local law.

• Upvote 2