Webelos Den Leader Uniform

I'm moving up with my Bear Den to be a Webelos Den Leader next year. I'm planning to have the Den pick a name and wear a den patch on their Webelos uniforms. As den leader, do I wear the patch or keep my old Den Number Strip on my adult Scouter uniform?

My two cents:  Assuming the idea is to help them ease into the Patrol Method, only the boys should wear the patrol emblem.  You should emulate the role of a Scoutmaster or Assistant Scoutmaster in the exercise.

We did this in our AOL year to prepare them for the patrol method.  Have them elect a leader.  When possible, rely on the Patrol leader to execute tasks and run activities during the den meetings.  If you have a Den Chief, treat them like the Senior Patrol Leader and progressively start asking them to direct the Patrol leader.

I found it hard after 8 years in a Pack to adjust to the "boy lead" mindset of a Troop.  After so many years of doing for/with them, it's hard to back off a bit.  This is good practice for them and for you :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, curious_scouter said:

I found it hard after 8 years in a Pack to adjust to the "boy lead" mindset of a Troop.  After so many years of doing for/with them, it's hard to back off a bit.  This is good practice for them and for you :)

Most Cub Scouters have a hard time transitioning. Why many troops i have been with wantba year or more on the commitee first.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1