Hello from Western Oklahoma

I'm a relatively new Scouter with a small troop in western Oklahoma.  I was a Scout in the late 70s/early 80's in upstate New York and in the Far East Council/Philippines.  A lot has changed and I joined the forums possibly late last year or early this year to try to get up to speed.  With the demise of the official BSA Program forums, I came back yesterday to see if activity had picked up here.  

Apparently my IP address was suspicious because after reading a few posts I received an email indicating I was permanently banned for posting spam.  As this is my first post, I'm not really sure how that happened.  I replied to the email and received a second email in response indicating that I was again permanently banned for posting spam.  I then received a private message from a moderator asking me to explain why I was interested in the forums, but once I was banned, I had no reply button to respond with and when I try to create my own private message, clicking on the button only results in a pop-up indicating that "You are currently restricted from posting content."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Like you, I came over shortly after the BSA Programs Forum excluded a lot of important topics and discussions. I've been finding a lot of good topics on this website so far and it seems that it is pretty active with lots of good responses from experienced scouters. There's even an eDutch Oven!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OaklandAndy said:

Like you, I came over shortly after the BSA Programs Forum excluded a lot of important topics and discussions. I've been finding a lot of good topics on this website so far and it seems that it is pretty active with lots of good responses from experienced scouters. There's even an eDutch Oven!!

Welcome back @physics32

I wish I just made this!

CAKE: PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN DUMP CAKE - THE DUTCH OVEN COOK

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Eagledad said:

Where in West Oklahoma? I was active in the Last Frontier Council from 1967 to 2005. I now live in Edmond. I kind of like to know my scouting neighbors. Howdy neighbor, 

Barry

Used to be a neighbor, Barry!  Lived in Enid from 89 to 93.  Great Salt Plains Council it was back then...

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/4/2022 at 1:59 PM, Eagledad said:

Where in West Oklahoma? I was active in the Last Frontier Council from 1967 to 2005. I now live in Edmond. I kind of like to know my scouting neighbors. Howdy neighbor, 

Barry

Barry, sorry for the late reply. I'm in Clinton, Troop 361.