Chapter 11 Announced - Part 10 - Post Confirmation Hearing/Judges Ruling

Effectively attacking all the bases to say COs are sufficiently one in the same with BSA. That's a gross simplification, but anyway. It's well articulated and and interesting read, but I decline to summarize. 

III. Conclusion

For the reasons above and those argued at the confirmation trial, the Dumas & Vaughn Claimants argue that the third-party releases and channeling injunctions sought in this case are not supported by the law or the evidentiary record.

2022.04.22 Dumas & Vaughn Letter Brief (stamped).pdf

Edited by ThenNow
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend contacted me privately, concerned I've not been posting. He knows I am on all the hearings and was checking in on me. Honestly, Eagle1993 does such an excellent job I had little to add. My at

Thanks for mentioning that.  Probably a good time for me to pop back up.  I just want to say thanks to everyone who participates on this and other forums (Fora?).  I take my role on the TCC seriously

I hope you find some peace.  For me, the start of the bankruptcy and having to address the abuse again was difficult. But, I went back to therapy and found some other people with similar experien

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

Honoring survivors with an outstanding service award is perverse. They are worthy of honor for their courage and bravery, but they didn't volunteer to be abused, and were basically forced to come forward by the BSA going bankrupt. Honoring the folks who helped push the BSA through bankruptcy in the same press relief is utterly tone deaf. I'd expect nothing else from National.  Who's giving them PR advice? Survivors should ask the BSA for a Silver Buffalo Medal. 🙄

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, ThenNow said:

I would rather see names.  Perhaps Dr. Kennedy for taking the lead on the TCC to help improve BSA's youth protection.  If they want to do something, then give actual names and statements on what was done.  Otherwise, it seems like platitudes.  I won't come down too hard on the BSA.  It is good they did mention survivors as they were awarding individual's whose goal was to minimize payment to survivors.

• Upvote 2

Welp... April came and went with no decision.  Any estimate from the court on timing for a ruling?  

Quick update on BSA net unrestricted liquidity ... it ticked up a bit in March.

Net Unrestricted Liquidity
February 2020 234
March 2020 238
April 2020 240
May 2020 235
June 2020 224
July 2020 208
August 2020 191
September 2020 190
October 2020 188
November 2020 184
December 2020 175
January 2021 189
February 2021 163
March 2021 172
April 2021 176
May 2021 175
June 2021 167
July 2021 154
August 2021 142
September 2021 145
October 2021 141
November 2021 139
December 2021 140
January 2022 141
February 2022 118
March 2022 121

• Thanks 1
On 4/22/2022 at 12:28 PM, ThenNow said:

Honestly, based on Bishop Schol's testimony, I think there is less to worry about with the UMC. He and they seem very intent on following through with both YP mirroring the BSA and caring for survivors in their midst. I believe they/he should be leading the CO portion of the YPC. That's my take, based on all I've seen, heard, read and learned along the way.

Agreed.  Recall also from testimony that there is a bell curve of CSA claims, and it markedly dropped off in the 90s.  We need to continue our YPT efforts, but I don't see it becoming a problem again.

3 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

What a crock of XXXX. 

Yeah, all around bad idea, IMO.  

Agree with @Sentinel947

11 hours ago, Sentinel947 said:

Who's giving them PR advice? Survivors should ask the BSA for a Silver Buffalo Medal. 🙄

Call them and ask for your Silver Buffalo medal, certificate, and knot!

At around $25 per, and time to produce the certificates...if 10K survivors asked, you're looking at $250K min and a good amount of man-hours.

Anyone willing to call and find out the phone number/contact info for the process?? 

Gulf Coast Health Bankruptcy Plan Rejected Because of Releases (bloomberglaw.com)

Gulf Coast Health Bankruptcy Plan Rejected Because of Releases

The plan improperly provides that third parties would be releasing non-debtors from liquidation claims without those claimants’ consent, Judge Karen B. Owens of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware said at a hearing Wednesday.

Owens said she would have otherwise approved the plan.

The plan would have allowed creditors to recover more than they would from a Chapter 7 liquidation, passing a key test for court confirmation, she ...

Edited by BadChannel70
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

Call them and ask for your Silver Buffalo medal, certificate, and knot!

At around $25 per, and time to produce the certificates...if 10K survivors asked, you're looking at $250K min and a good amount of man-hours.

Anyone willing to call and find out the phone number/contact info for the process?? 

Ha! That would be quite a deluge. 

22 hours ago, ThenNow said:

Per the press release, we’re part of an “illustrious list of people who have given noteworthy and extraordinary service to youth.” Gross. 

• Upvote 2