Chapter 11 Announced - Part 10 - Post Confirmation Hearing/Judges Ruling

5 hours ago, fred8033 said:

@PaleRider   @skeptic ...  Should this thread be about arguing each point back and forth?  Arguing how BSA did good and where BSA failed?  Venting?  Defending?  

The challenge is most points can be strongly argued except the hell you experienced.   Obviously you can argue your points.  Others can strongly defend BSA.

I believe your experience was hell and I'm sorry for your experience.  I understand your wanting to vent your pain. 

IMHO, it's just destructive to use this channel for too much venting or too much defending.  

FYI ... I've been checking this thread several times a day as I want to see the next step in this court case.  Like so many, I'm going crazy waiting to hear the future. 

Hopefully we hear soon. BSA is down to $38.6M of unrestricted cash in May down from $45.6M in April.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend contacted me privately, concerned I've not been posting. He knows I am on all the hearings and was checking in on me. Honestly, Eagle1993 does such an excellent job I had little to add. My at

Thanks for mentioning that.  Probably a good time for me to pop back up.  I just want to say thanks to everyone who participates on this and other forums (Fora?).  I take my role on the TCC seriously

I hope you find some peace.  For me, the start of the bankruptcy and having to address the abuse again was difficult. But, I went back to therapy and found some other people with similar experien

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Hopefully we hear soon. BSA is down to $38.6M of unrestricted cash in May down from $45.6M in April.   

At what point do the lifeguards need to spring into action?

16 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

At what point do the lifeguards need to spring into action?

Reach..throw....row...go!  We've reached the point where a ruling seems way overdue.  Hey Judge, throw us a bone and make up your mind.  However, there may not be the gentle stream to merrily row down for her as she writes her opinion.  Looks like it's time for me to go cross another day off on the calendar.  🙂

9 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Looks like it's time for me to go cross another day off on the calendar.  🙂

I've crossed off the entire month of July (with a pencil). Expectation management of a manic-depressive. 

7 minutes ago, vol_scouter said:

So many things that I would like to say but the moderators do not allow conversations about exorbitant attorney fees.

This appears to a non-numbers guy like the bill has been on the bar for a long time and the tab is being called, no? I was more so referring to what seem to be lingering outstanding invoices. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 1
  • Eagle1993 locked and unlocked this topic

Some really intense posts. The survivors are justifiably angry, but everyone needs to step back and suss out whether they are seeking justice or revenge. From the outside looking in I see a lot of desire for revenge; but it's not on the actual perpetrators, it's on everyone, indiscriminate. All the while BSA's cash burn continues to dwindle the available assets for the victims compensation fund. 

I think everyone basically understands that BSA will survive, a lot, or perhaps even all camps will get sold to fund the compensation fund; however, Scouting will survive. You can only squeeze a lemon so hard.

22 minutes ago, Tron said:

... a lot, or perhaps even all camps will get sold to fund the compensation fund ...

I hope it's not true.  That would be an injustice to the 100+ million youth that have been involved and the 50+ million former registered leaders.  ...   It is already hard to watch the stealing the hard earned donations of families of volunteers.   ... It would hurt many, many more in the future.

The comforting aspect is that camps have always come and gone.  New camps and new locations will be donated and grow.  

The real injustice will be the hundreds of millions spent on this process with little effective compensation to victims. 

People are angry at BSA.  ... I'm sorry for their experience.  There are no words to say.   It's anger and it's directed at BSA ... I see the IVF files as hard evidence of action.   Any records will show mistakes, but it also shows effort to block what the rest of society was not preventing.  It also shows many parts of society (police, families and others) being involved.    ... I congratulate BSA on all the good they did.    ... I congratulate BSA on having the IVF files.  ...  I absolutely don't accept the "general" accusations that BSA did nothing or ignored or hid.  ... That's just anger from being hurt.  

Much of this is legal maneuvering because there is potentially a deep cash pocket.    

Edited by fred8033
  • Upvote 1

The anger I feel as a survivor is not hatred, but my anger is at various people (my perpetrators') the organization that recruited my perpetrators knew there was a good chance I had been abused (BSA) and chose not to offer help, the bankruptcy itself where it seems certain entities are downplaying the value of my claim. 

I honestly feel more hate is directed at myself and my fellow survivors from active BSA adults who want to mitigate what happened and are worried more about what assets the BSA and LC's may have post bankruptcy then they care about what happened.

I feel that there must be a ruling on the confirmation soon so we can can get closer to more certainty for both survivors and for members of the BSA. This cannot happen soon enough.

Edited by johnsch322
  • Upvote 1
On 7/1/2022 at 12:05 PM, Eagle1993 said:

I hid some posts that deviated from the bankruptcy topic.  Feel free to start new topics as desired.

Taking a break for July 4th weekend. Locking this topic. Feel free to start new topics as a member successfully did here.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Topic re-opened for postings regarding OP: Post Confirmation Hearings, Judge ruling.

Off-topic posts will be removed or topic locked.  Feel free to start new topics as desired.

Thank you.

Omnibus Hearings:

August 24, 2022         11:00 AM

September 29, 2022   10:00AM

October 27, 2022         10:00AM

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/bfbf1a9c-a74b-48ac-ab60-c879ce336a00_10033.pdf

@Eagle1993

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Thanks 1