Chapter 11 Announced - Part 10 - Post Confirmation Hearing/Judges Ruling

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A friend contacted me privately, concerned I've not been posting. He knows I am on all the hearings and was checking in on me. Honestly, Eagle1993 does such an excellent job I had little to add. My at

Thanks for mentioning that.  Probably a good time for me to pop back up.  I just want to say thanks to everyone who participates on this and other forums (Fora?).  I take my role on the TCC seriously

I hope you find some peace.  For me, the start of the bankruptcy and having to address the abuse again was difficult. But, I went back to therapy and found some other people with similar experien

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MattR said:

I'm just curious, but, for the survivors, has talking helped?

It has not helped me.  And the more this case has reopened the memory, the worse it has become.  I'm in a SOL state, can't prosecute my monster or sue anybody.  There might be finality when the case is over.  Knowing there is nothing more I can do, there is no other path.  Knowing my abuser will face no penalty leaves me somber.

I think the judge is trying to determine a plan that will stand up to appeals. I feel that the plan will be BSA only, with LC  and  CO to be decided locally. There is no way this plan will pass appeals with third party releases. The judge is taking all this in from other similar cases and realizing this may be the most important case of her career. 

Edited by 1980Scouter
Typo
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, ThenNow said:

How many days out from the conclusion of the trial are we at this point? All I know is I have a Rip Van Winkle beard and a nasty crick in my neck.

53 days since the hearing closed

How are we to read the tea leaves where there is no tea nor leaves. 

I took a look at some of her past rulings ... and her approvals seemed to come fast (days/weeks after the hearing).  

I did see she rejected the Vivus plan but kept the record open to avoid killing the plan.  Then after some additional work from the DOJ and others, she approved the plan a month later.

Who knows ... but 53+ days is a long time.

Just wondering about this.  I have seen several articles lately about LC owned camps being worth $10 Billion, apparently according to Kosnoff.  My obvious question is why the LC contribution is so much lower than that.  

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/bankrupt-boy-scouts-may-have-10-billion-in-land-and-developers-want-it/article_bfd254e3-6517-5695-b12f-db2fe5b79029.html

1 hour ago, Eagle1970 said:

Just wondering about this.  I have seen several articles lately about LC owned camps being worth $10 Billion, apparently according to Kosnoff.  My obvious question is why the LC contribution is so much lower than that.  

https://www.stltoday.com/news/national/bankrupt-boy-scouts-may-have-10-billion-in-land-and-developers-want-it/article_bfd254e3-6517-5695-b12f-db2fe5b79029.html

I've seen these too.  My paranoia says ... is it an attempt to subvert the settlement?  It would be interesting to see if these articles have a common root, as it smells like another manipulation of the legal process.  

On the flip side ... the BSA bankruptcy news has been quiet.  It could be a simple effort to keep the story alive until the decision.

Edited by fred8033
2 hours ago, Eagle1970 said:

Not sure how accurate that is. With BSA in this lawsuit there might be an emphasis to overestimate the value of the lands owned. Additionally, until you look into the deeds and land grants you really don't know what the BSA really owns, or owns and has the right to sell. I've seen land grants owned by non-profits where the land was donated with clauses that if the non-profit attempts to sell/liquidate that the land ownership reverts back to the decedents of the donators. 

2 minutes ago, Tron said:

Not sure how accurate that is. With BSA in this lawsuit there might be an emphasis to overestimate the value of the lands owned. Additionally, until you look into the deeds and land grants you really don't know what the BSA really owns, or owns and has the right to sell. I've seen land grants owned by non-profits where the land was donated with clauses that if the non-profit attempts to sell/liquidate that the land ownership reverts back to the decedents of the donators. 

The answer is fairly simple; Kasnoff .

3 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

Why is the answer Kosnoff when he did not write the article nor was he quoted in the article?

"Just wondering about this.  I have seen several articles lately about LC owned camps being worth $10 Billion, apparently according to Kosnoff."  And he is NOT the champion of the people some seem to think, as should be obvious from some of his actions and his meddling with parts of the procedure and being warned by the judge.  I suspect you actually know this.