Chapter 11 Announced - Part 9 - Confirmation Hearing

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dr. Doug Kennedy made an impassioned speech to the court and asked the Judge to keep her focus on the survivors as she makes her decision(s).  Jessica Lauria thanks the court for the time devoted.   A

Annnnd....Judge has now said that she will give this another 45 minutes and pick things up in the morning.  Thus far the only clear winner in all of this is "Billable Hours."  

Missed this morning so far. Yesterday ... my takeaways. Bankruptcy US Trustee's path is clear .... go after the fact that some releases are being given with no contribution.  One o

Posted Images

I'm attempting to find the PPT being reviewed.  It shows what is going to happen to BSA post bankruptcy.  CO model may need to be replaced ... Councils in trouble ... $400M of debt.  Very interesting.

Apparently, it was from a Philmont executive meeting and a redline posted from Certain Insurers.

If you are going to watch any of this ... I'd recommend now.  They are going through the post bankruptcy strategy for BSA.  For example, th

#1 - Become the National Leader in Youth Safety 

#2 - Grow our Membership by making our program more relevant, easy fun.  

- Fully digital progrma

- Make a single program

#3 ... Slide showed reduct of council down to 80 (that we removed and changed with streamline)

Change how girls are included ... missed the details

• Upvote 2

Sorry for typos, but a lot of slides and info.  Attempting to capture some of the points.

This was from late last year.  What is clear is:

- Some sort of comment about single scout program (not sure what they mean)

- Councils will be reduced ... not sure by how much, but you can see they were thinking >50% reduction

- Debt is large

- Outdoor was mentioned a lot

- Goal of eveyone getting to 1st class

- Expand recruiting & fundraising

- Improve youth safety

- CO model in flux (a bit) but may be getting better...

Just now, Eagle94-A1 said:

Any place we can find copies of those slides?

I think it was evidence provided by Devang Desai.  I was thinking of taking screenshots but then thought that may not be allowed.

To be clear ... there was a BSA executive meeting at Philmont in August of 2021 to discuss BSA post bankruptcy.  These slides were created to summarize that meeting.  Nothing is "approved" but it does give an indication of their thoughts.  The actual slides showed was a redline created by certain insurers to show the various edits of the final presentation.  So, for example, the original presentation had reduce councils from 250 to 80 and the updated (final) slides showed something like optimize or streamline councils.  Probably fair to not hard set to 80 ... however, it gives an idea that major council reduction is likely needed.

Overall, it looked like a fair assessment of BSA.  We have a public perception issue with youth protection.  We have been declining for a long time.  We will be in >$400M debt post bankruptcy.  Overall, I actually thought the slides made a lot of sense ... even if it could be upsetting.  Would be very interesting to get more details.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

I was thinking of taking screenshots but then thought that may not be allowed.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  "Recording, photographing, or live streaming of this hearing is prohibited."  And yes, is breaking the law.  BUT...after it's all over you can request an audio recording from the court.  We need one of those cool court artists!

• Upvote 2
Just now, MYCVAStory said:

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!  "Recording, photographing, or live streaming of this hearing is prohibited."  And yes, is breaking the law.  BUT...after it's all over you can request an audio recording from the court.  We need one of those cool court artists!

:)  I figured anything like that wasn't allowed ... glad I made the correct decision!  

39 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

... not to interrupt ... I find it hard to believe.  Almost everyone as needed  (especially including lawyers) will be taking screen shots or recording as needed.  It's the best way to take notes or to fix incorrect notes.  Now, I would bet strongly that few to zero would ever publish them publicly in contempt of court orders.  Few would even keep them in their official records.

Edited by fred8033