Bryan on Scouting article; not sure where it belongs, so mods, please put where you feel is best.

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2022/03/11/lets-get-some-bsa-representation-ages-15-29-on-the-uns-young-leaders-initiative/

This is a long shot, but there are some of our youth, especially those just recently moved to the first decade after high school, who might find this of great interest.  But, as Bryan notes, this is very much up the alley of the best of Scouting.  

• Thanks 1

It will take a unique American scout who understands what an SDG is. The odds favor someone who’s been to world Jambo, they could have met someone whose travels there helped them meet a school requirement regarding SDGs.

However, even though they might not speak the lingo, they might be occupied in meeting an SDG. I think I’ll give Son #2 a nudge. He’s into next gen municipal water purification.

Edited by qwazse
  • Upvote 2
  • 11 months later...

Bit late here, but WOSM provides training and activities on the SDGs in a way that's linked to the Messengers of Peace program. If you follow the bread crumbs from Scouts BSA's website on MoP to WOSM's website on MoP, it links to Scouts for the SDGs. The activities provided there are really nice.

I just facilitated a cub scout pack meeting around defining a MoP project with inspiration from the SDGs. (We figured that lions and tigers would struggle with even the simplest exercise from WOSM.) I heard a lot of good conversation around how we scouts can build a better world. I highly recommend what WOSM has to offer on the SDGs.

• Upvote 2