Chapter 11 Announced - Part 8 - TCC Term Sheet & Plan Confirmation

On 2/20/2022 at 12:24 PM, Muttsy said:

Tier Nature of Abuse Claro Mid Base Claim Value Number of Valued BSA Sexual Abuse Claims Total Estimated Damages

1 Penetration $2,641,865 14,936 $39,458,891,957

2 Oral Sex $1,981,399 12,225 $24,222,597,458

3 Masturbation / Groping $1,320,932 17,868 $23,602,419,707

4 Touching-Unclothed $660,466 $653,861,526 990

5 Touching-Clothed / Photography $330,233 $296,219,085 897

Question: Why can't we know how these claims breakdown by open state, open state with in window claims (or timely filings), love within the current SoL and closed by Shades of Gray? I think we should have access to that information as claimants floating around in those numbers. Yes? No? Who cares...?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been reading this blog for months and finally decided to express how I feel about this plan.  I have always and continue to believe there are thousands of fraudulent sexual abuse claims filed i

My bet? We’ll never know. They will quietly sneak off the trail via the $3500 spur and go their merry way. There will be valid survivor claimants that exit stage left, as well, not wanting to deal wit

Not really true. I never bought a ticket I was a victim I had no choice.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, ThenNow said:

For any who are interested. The new ballot. Plain English. Second-grade level. Two-minute read on the treadmill. Enjoy.

The current balloting started in September and results are not fully resolved.  If this starts in March, when is the answer?  September?  

8 hours ago, fred8033 said:

The current balloting started in September and results are not fully resolved.  If this starts in March, when is the answer?  September?  

March 14th I reckon. since that’s the hearing start date. The vast majority of claims (as represented by the negotiating firms) are in agreement. 

13 hours ago, ThenNow said:

Question: Why can't we know how these claims breakdown by open state, open state with in window claims (or timely filings), love within the current SoL and closed by Shades of Gray? I think we should have access to that information as claimants floating around in those numbers. Yes? No? Who cares...?

Translation:

With in = within

Love = live

Good grief = check your work, Doofus Magoo.

2 hours ago, ThenNow said:

March 14th I reckon. since that’s the hearing start date. The vast majority of claims (as represented by the negotiating firms) are in agreement. 

Perhaps I'm 100% confused.  It commonly happens.  My apologies.  Plus, I was vague with "this starts".   

You posted a PDF of a new ballot.  If the new ballot starts in March ... considering first ballot has taken almost six months ... would we face a August / September result?

Perhaps I'm 100% confused.  It happens.

Edited by fred8033
36 minutes ago, fred8033 said:

You posted a PDF of a new ballot.  If the new ballot starts in March ... considering first ballot has taken almost six months ... would we face a August / September result?

My sleep deprivation is bleeding over and apologies for lack of clarity. 

My "I reckon" was meant to say I have no idea, but I would sure think they'd want to know before the hearing starts. I don't know how many votes they hope to see flip to accept, but it's not tens of thousands. I am happy to ask the folks at Omni how they see the ballots being processed and tabulated. We've become close personal friends. ;) 

PS - A lot of these votes will come via master ballot from the state court firms. 

Edited by ThenNow
  • Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

My sleep deprivation is bleeding over and apologies for lack of clarity. 

My "I reckon" was meant to say I have no idea, but I would sure think they'd want to know before the hearing starts. I don't know how many votes they hope to see flip to accept, but it's not tens of thousands. I am happy to ask the folks at Omni how they see the ballots being processed and tabulated. We've become close personal friends. ;) 

Oh.  Ok.  The new ballot was not for a 2nd round of voting.  It's part of cleaning up the first round of voting.  I was trying to get context.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, fred8033 said:

Oh.  Ok.  The new ballot was not for a 2nd round of voting.  It's part of cleaning up the first round of voting.  I was trying to get context.

Yup. It's the get on board with the new plan ballot. Did you read that thing? Yikes, right?

• Upvote 1

Not being the legal guy, I may have simply not seen or understood.  But, I think our unit, as Methodist, is part of the final plan with no other action needed by our local entity?  

What I do not see anywhere is reference to the other claiments that filed to attach to the lawsuit, such as GS of USA and some in process lawsuits?  Any clarifications from someone?

4 hours ago, ThenNow said:

My "I reckon" was meant to say I have no idea, but I would sure think they'd want to know before the hearing starts... I am happy to ask the folks at Omni how they see the ballots being processed and tabulated. We've become close personal friends.  

3 hours ago, fred8033 said:

The new ballot was not for a 2nd round of voting.  It's part of cleaning up the first round of voting. 

Asked and answered, as follows: "The voting deadline is March 7, 2022, and then Omni’s voting report will be filed March 10, 2022."

Omni FRAUD?!?

A former employee of Omni is alleging they are charging high fees for lower wage workers.  $16 - $20/hour workers are being charged at $80 - $125/hr to BSA.

Also claiming they hired 30 temporary workers who did nothing and they charged BSA.

Also claims knowledge that the ballot count is incorrect, and COO lied to court.

Finally, also claims they did the same in other cases, including USA Gymnastics

ba0e24ce-e4d9-42b1-a318-937317f50c1d_8971.pdf (omniagentsolutions.com)

21 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

A former employee of Omni is alleging they are charging high fees for lower wage workers.  $16 - $20/hour workers are being charged at $80 - $125/hr to BSA.

The mark-ups are disgusting, but not evidence of fraud.   The PDF starred entries are temp workers.  ... It's the nature of contracting. 

Law firm contacts temp company to get extra workers.  Temp company pays person $16-$20 per hour.  Temp company has cost (insurance, payroll taxes, sales reps, facilities).  That raises their cost $20-$30 per hour.  Temp company wants to make profit so charges $40 to $60 per hour.  Law firm has cost (building, equipment, coordination).  That raises cost to $50-$65.  Law firm wants to make profit.  That doubles again at least to $80-$125.  

It's really no different than buying product from a retail store.  Walmart contracts over-seas and pays $8 per pair of pants, but charges you $35.   Oversea manufacturer pays $2 for material and $1 for labor.  

This sounds more like a disgruntled employee.  

Sad to see myself defending a law firm.

Edited by fred8033
TCC Town Hall tonight.  Letter from my attorney said it could be an interesting one worth watching.

Please find below the Zoom Information for Tonight's Town Hall Meeting at 8PM. 
(Eastern Time):
  • Zoom: https://pszjlaw.zoom.us/j/82272826295 (no registration required)
  • Dial-In by Telephone: 888-788-0099 (Toll Free), Webinar ID: 822 7282 6295. If asked for a “Participant ID,” just press #
Video recordings and transcripts of the town halls can also be found on the Tort Claimants' Committee's website : https://www.tccbsa.com if you are unable to attend tonight's meeting.

On 2/21/2022 at 4:24 PM, ThenNow said:

For any who are interested. The new ballot. Plain English. Second-grade level. Two-minute read on the treadmill. Enjoy.

Are you serious?  (Given the tone of many of your posts, I think it is a legitimate question. 😉)

It's over 20 pages long, and not just that--it's over 20 pages of legalese.

mama mia!