Chapter 11 Announced - Part 8 - TCC Term Sheet & Plan Confirmation

1 minute ago, SilverPalm said:

I hope a little good has come from all this evil. I hope you no longer feel so alone.

Thanks, SilverPalm. This was the case for me… going back to therapy, being able to talk about it more with my wife, better understanding how it affected me. I also really appreciate this forum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been reading this blog for months and finally decided to express how I feel about this plan.  I have always and continue to believe there are thousands of fraudulent sexual abuse claims filed i

My bet? We’ll never know. They will quietly sneak off the trail via the $3500 spur and go their merry way. There will be valid survivor claimants that exit stage left, as well, not wanting to deal wit

Not really true. I never bought a ticket I was a victim I had no choice.

Posted Images

Last year, Pachulski Stang helped disseminate an email from another plaintiffs’ lawyer that violated Chapter 11 voting rules. Pachulski’s founder has called the incident an ‘extraordinarily serious error’

That law firm has struck a proposed $2 million settlement over that improper email sent to victims to allegedly dissuade them from voting for the restructuring plan.

More behind paywall at source:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/boy-scouts-victims-law-firm-strikes-2-million-deal-over-improper-email-11645143922

• Thanks 2
44 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

That law firm has struck a proposed $2 million settlement over that improper email sent to victims to allegedly dissuade them from voting for the restructuring plan.

Was there mention that this amount was being used to fund something specifically? I don't recall offhand. Thanks.

19 hours ago, SilverPalm said:

As an Eagle Scout who did not suffer the impacts of CSA in Scouting, and who has not had to live with that trauma since childhood, I have chosen to stop participating in these threads. I'm not sure I really have any right to do so, not when they have become such an excellent resource for survivors to connect with and support one another.

I would just like to say that I am pleased that these threads have become a rallying point for survivors.  I will once more bow out, but I will continue to read. From one former Scout to all you others, I hope a little good has come from all this evil. I hope you no longer feel so alone. And I hope you know that many of us are standing with you 100%, supporting any decision you feel is best for you when the time comes to vote.

Thank you for your support. I'm grateful to all the ones that went through BSA and wasn't harmed.I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Just remember us survivors have a different outlook on things Someone posted that we victems can't see the greater good of what BSA offers.I see the greater good it has been for a bunch of my friends and I'm happy they all made unharmed but all that will never change my outlook on the fact that BSA did not do their job and failed a bunch of guys. Thanks for your support hearing that means more than you will ever know Thank you  

• Like 1

Confirmation plan hearing now going to be delayed until March 14th.  During court today, per Twitter sources, the US Trustee is asking how this can proceed when trained professionals are struggling to describe the deal.  Also questioned how chartered orgs are being handled when many have not been part of discussions.  Finally, sounds like some concerns that the "neutral" path currently has $0 in its account.  I didn't attend today until late and now just listening in.  

• Thanks 2

For anyone who may be interested I am not going to change my vote from reject to yes. We may be pawns in this bankruptcy, but we do not have to act like sheep.

We were told "fair and equitable" and in this plan we are far from fair and there is no equality.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Getting close on the settlement trustee and some other key names.

Microsoft Word - BSA - Notice of Identity - Settlement Trustee and Claims Administrator (to be filed).DOCX (omniagentsolutions.com)

Former Judge Michael Reagan - for the independent review process.  19 years on the district court Michael Joseph Reagan - Wikipedia

Former Judge Diane Welsh - for the TDPs .. 11 years on the district court.  Hon. Diane M. Welsh (Ret.), JAMS Mediator and Arbitrator (jamsadr.com)

The Trustee is down to one of these two:

Former Judge Barbara Houser - It appears she helped mediate the bankruptcy of Puerto Rico KMBT_C454e-20190604125753 (govdelivery.com)

Former Judge David Levi - David F. Levi - Wikipedia - Former dean of Duke Law

10 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Former Judge Michael Reagan - for the independent review process.  19 years on the district court Michael Joseph Reagan - Wikipedia

https://www.jamsadr.com/reagan/

No child sexual abuse noted:

Personal injury, including, but not limited to, automobile accidents, breast implants, premise liability, product liability, underinsured and uninsured motorists and wrongful death.

Edited by ThenNow
16 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Former Judge Diane Welsh - for the TDPs .. 11 years on the district court.  Hon. Diane M. Welsh (Ret.), JAMS Mediator and Arbitrator (jamsadr.com)

• Personal Injury: Successfully mediated cases involving complex catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, workplace injuries, nursing home negligence, product liability (including multiple defective medical device claims), motor vehicle, toxic torts, municipal and governmental tort liability, Dram shop/liquor liability, and premises liability

“Complex catastrophic”  might do the trick. 

Edited by ThenNow
48 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

• Personal Injury: Successfully mediated cases involving complex catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death, workplace injuries, nursing home negligence, product liability (including multiple defective medical device claims), motor vehicle, toxic torts, municipal and governmental tort liability, Dram shop/liquor liability, and premises liability

“Complex catastrophic”  might do the trick. 

Per the website Judge Welsh does have experience with child & child sexual abuse.  Per the site:

• Civil Rights: High profile case on behalf of severely abused child against private foster care placement agency and government agencies; claim against school district on behalf of special education student raped by their students in classroom supervised by a substitute teacher; cases involving alleged hazing, harassment and sexual misconduct on a University sports team; multiple Title IX and Tort cases including claims of sexual abuse involving faculty, clergy and students in colleges, universities, primary and secondary schools, boarding schools and foster care
  • Sexual Abuse: Successfully mediated settlements in numerous cases involving highly sensitive claims of sexual and physical abuse concerning adult and minor children and group/class action plaintiffs. Disputes included matters involving: alleged abuse at a prestigious boarding school; sex abuse leading to suicide of a college student; allegations of sexually charged hazing and misconduct in connection with university-sponsored sports teams; numerous cases involving sexual abuse claims against Archdioceses, Catholic and other religious schools, and nonsectarian private and public schools; disputes involving victims of incest and church officials; and matters regarding sex trafficking allegations against a major hotel chain

Hopefully her experience benefits all survivors.  

Edited by NJScout1980
Added info
  • Thanks 2

I’m exhausted...after two full years of a roller coaster ride of ups and downs, I can’t take it anymore.  I live in a closed state, sucks for me.  I have been in therapy almost a year now and it has been a nightmare.  I am certain that this was not worth it.  I voted against the plan but now I just want it to be done.  I will change my vote to yes, opt for the $3500 pay out and let my church off the hook...  I wasn’t going to win an SOL fight against their billions anyway.  Makes me angry and sad, but I honestly thought something good may possibly come out of this.  My wife understands me better and my anger and that is worth a lot.  No one said life was fair.  Just hope things at BSA change, I won’t be allowing my Grandsons to participate is scouting in any form, way shape or manner.  I will have to of course tell them why, that’s a conversation I am not looking forward to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, NJScout1980 said:

Per the website Judge Welsh does have experience with child & child sexual abuse.  Per the site:

My bad! That’s what happens when I lazily read tiny print on my phone while trying to use chopsticks at my favorite hole in the wall Chinese restaurant! Ya miss stuff! 🤦🏼‍♂️

I vote for her. Oh, yeah. We don’t get to vote…

Edited by ThenNow
  • Thanks 1