Well, crud. Hope my Pack survives

My grand plans for sustaining the growth in my Pack are coming to a halt.  Friday I found out that the Army has decided that I need to move to a different job than I planned to take this summer.  The new one is 9 hours away.  Depending on many factors, I'll be there by myself and my wife will step down from being the committee chair.  I have one person in mind to replace me as Cubmaster, but no clear CCs.  My kids will still be in the Pack as long as it exists.  I may see if I can swap into a committee position that doesn't require attending weekday meetings.  Our committee meetings are all done online, so maybe I can be the treasurer.  Thoughts?  My bigger disappointment is the OA.  I am really active in our chapter and am trying to get our ceremonies team back on track/in existence.  

On the far end, I won't have much to do in the evenings.  Hopefully I can find a unit that will let me be a leader of some sort.  

• Sad 3

I don’t like your situation, but I do like your attitude.

For yourself, see if the scouts or other youth group near where you are could use a volunteer for “one hour a week”. Think outside of the box. You never know what opportunities may be there.

For your family, bust hump keeping them in the loop. Nice thing about the Army, you got plenty of folks who know that drill.

Get your replacement up and running. The Mrs. should do the same. That’s gonna be the hardest job. I wouldn’t commit to any specific committee job besides being a sounding board for the new CM.

You’re about to find out how well you’ve done advising OA, if they keep rolling without you, great. If not, well, you’ll learn to do it differently the next place that you land.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Armymutt said:

My grand plans for sustaining the growth in my Pack are coming to a halt.  Friday I found out that the Army has decided that I need to move to a different job than I planned to take this summer.  The new one is 9 hours away.  Depending on many factors, I'll be there by myself and my wife will step down from being the committee chair.  I have one person in mind to replace me as Cubmaster, but no clear CCs.  My kids will still be in the Pack as long as it exists.  I may see if I can swap into a committee position that doesn't require attending weekday meetings.  Our committee meetings are all done online, so maybe I can be the treasurer.  Thoughts?  My bigger disappointment is the OA.  I am really active in our chapter and am trying to get our ceremonies team back on track/in existence.  

On the far end, I won't have much to do in the evenings.  Hopefully I can find a unit that will let me be a leader of some sort.  

Hey, if the Army wanted you to have a Scout unit, they'd have issued you one!! 😛

Keep up the good work.  We all need you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1