58 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

My concerns are the following.

Repeating previous discussion in other threads ....

Your concerns are valid.  My view is from the aspect of cost.  Staff.  Building.  Utilities.  Technical support.   The smallest council needs at least 5 staffers.  The largest probably need 50+.  Even with 5 staffers that earn an average of $60k a year, the cost would be at least $500k a year to run the council; conservatively.  Probably way more approaching $1m.  Then, spread that cost over the scouts.  $500k spread over 2000 scouts is $250 each.  5000 scouts is $100 each.  15000 scouts is $33.  Somewhere in there is the magic number balancing cost and the number of scouts.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nope...but haven't asked either.  Anytime I ask anything about council finances, it is viewed as aggressive and sinister, which it is not. When you ask me for money (donations), I want to know it

You have apparently not met my council's administrative assistant who actually does run the council, not the SE.

I have heard of several. My council’s SE took a sizable pay cut as did the professionals.  There has been no public releases because they do not wish to garner attention. They feel that they are doing