I am a Senior Patrol Leader trying to move my troop into the Patrol Method. Any advice?

I came across this article on Scoutmaster.org, which is part of the USSSP.org website.  It is listed as:  Boy-Led Troop--Parents and New Leaders Guide to a Boy-Led Troop.  Even though it says it is for parents and new leaders it explains how a boy-led troop should be run.  It would be great to share with your adult leaders to see if they could work with it.  Especially interesting is the last page (15) that shows the steps from a leader run troop to a boy -led one, and where your troop is on that scale.  If you have the right scouts, mature and responsible,  it might work.  But I find that younger and inexperienced scouts need some guidance when planning campouts and other outings.  Knowing where to go and what is available can be "suggested" at the  PLC by a knowledgeable leader.

1 hour ago, cctroop123 said:

I came across this article on Scoutmaster.org, which is part of the USSSP.org website.  It is listed as:  Boy-Led Troop--Parents and New Leaders Guide to a Boy-Led Troop.  Even though it says it is for parents and new leaders it explains how a boy-led troop should be run.  It would be great to share with your adult leaders to see if they could work with it.  Especially interesting is the last page (15) that shows the steps from a leader run troop to a boy -led one, and where your troop is on that scale.  If you have the right scouts, mature and responsible,  it might work.  But I find that younger and inexperienced scouts need some guidance when planning campouts and other outings.  Knowing where to go and what is available can be "suggested" at the  PLC by a knowledgeable leader.

@cctroop123, welcome!  I'm not getting a link there...

Let's try this:

http://scoutmaster.org/boy led troop.pdf

Edited by InquisitiveScouter

This is a humbling well-written article. Most, if not all, of the contents of this article have been discussed on this forum many times over the years. And we are just getting started. 

I love this scouting stuff. 

Barry R