Chapter 11 Announced - Part 7 - Plan 5.0 - Voting/Confirmation

3 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

Would this be the same great group of guys and gals who want to keep the rest perversion files from seeing the light of day?

This is many of the same people who hired attorneys that are said to be the best in the business for the needs of the BSA and then followed their advice.  That seems to be a valued strategy for other parties as it should be for the BSA.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As the time that a vote total approaches, I encourage everyone to repeat the Scout Oath and Law several times to remind us how to treat one another.  There are victims here who wish for the plan

I just finished reading Bates' report.  Now I have a headache.  It's well-written, but a bunch of spin.  So we're too old to deserve a decent settlement?  While I get the sol issue, if a suit is valid

66% is the threshold for a bankruptcy.  However, WSJ was reporting even BSA admitted they needed 75% which they didn't reach.  There are two issues that the 73% causes. One will be with Silverste

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, johnsch322 said:

I would be shocked if the BSA only found out about this today thru the objection. 

I wouldn't.  They said this was signed in 1991. It was probably paper and put away in a filing cabinet.  The individuals who were involved are likely dead or long retired.  BSA has been pretty clear as to restricted vs unrestricted property. My guess is that this is a surprise.  Also, the objectors could be wrong. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, vol_scouter said:

This is many of the same people who hired attorneys that are said to be the best in the business for the needs of the BSA and then followed their advice.  That seems to be a valued strategy for other parties as it should be for the BSA.

So maybe the lawyers should alter the scout oath to "honest and trustworthy as my legal powers approves".

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

I wouldn't.  They said this was signed in 1991. It was probably paper and put away in a filing cabinet.  The individuals who were involved are likely dead or long retired.  BSA has been pretty clear as to restricted vs unrestricted property. My guess is that this is a surprise.  Also, the objectors could be wrong. 

The Rockwell collection being part of the settlement has been known for at least the last two years and Brown and Bigelow only just found out?  Surely, they would have contacted the BSA and their lawyers before today to make them aware of the agreement.  Instead, they had to go to the DOJ trustee and ask him to file an objection at the 11th hour to file an objection on their behalf....hmmmm?

My quick internet Docket search identify Brown & Bigelow as a Contract Counterparty as early as April, 2020 (maybe earlier).  Found one reference listing the Artwork Agreement as an Executory Contract in a November 2021 Filing.  My guess...  BSA and B&B have known for awhile about the Agreement which covers what might be the few things ,besides camps, the BSA could sell and not effect program.  If disclosed... it'll be interesting to learn the Agreement terms, what the disagreement is and how much money potentially involved.   

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, vol_scouter said:

It is fascinating how people on this and so many other threads always assume the worst about the BSA.  I know most of the upper management and National Executive Board personally.  They are bright, hard-working, dedicated to Scouting, and honorable.

My guess is that the contracts were executed long ago - in the 19 teens or twenties.  That the contracts have been misplaced or lost over the many decades and many moves of the national service center.  I would further posit that volunteers who wish to see the BSA retain the Norman Rockwell collection have been scouring the landscape for a way to do so.  They could have asked Brown and Bigelow to search their files for anything that might allow the collection to be removed from sale due to Chapter 11.  I would further posit that Brown and Bigelow did not know that they had the agreement.  Clearly, this is only conjecture based on no information.  However, incompetence or dishonesty are not in my opinion as likely as other explanations by knowing the people involved.

They covered up the sex abuse Protected the ones that done it for over 100 years SO EXCUSE ME IF WHILE I PUT DOWN THOSE SUIT AND TIES YOU CLAIM TO BE GREAT OUTATANDING PEOPLE. THEY WILL GET NO MERCY FROM ME 

1 hour ago, vol_scouter said:

It is fascinating how people on this and so many other threads always assume the worst about the BSA.  I know most of the upper management and National Executive Board personally.  They are bright, hard-working, dedicated to Scouting, and honorable.

My guess is that the contracts were executed long ago - in the 19 teens or twenties.  That the contracts have been misplaced or lost over the many decades and many moves of the national service center.  I would further posit that volunteers who wish to see the BSA retain the Norman Rockwell collection have been scouring the landscape for a way to do so.  They could have asked Brown and Bigelow to search their files for anything that might allow the collection to be removed from sale due to Chapter 11.  I would further posit that Brown and Bigelow did not know that they had the agreement.  Clearly, this is only conjecture based on no information.  However, incompetence or dishonesty are not in my opinion as likely as other explanations by knowing the people involved.

At this point, I don't think you should be lashing out at me. You would have to be a cult member not to question this drumbeat of poor decision making and lack of oversight. You can be bright and lack common sense. You can be hard working, but be working at the wrong things. You can be both honorable and incompetent. I can no longer buy into the idea that hundreds of people in National leadership have been completely vicitimized and outwitted over the years by chartering organizations and insurance companies and wiley predators and uncooperative parents and police officers and pesky donors with agendas and now...  Some dastardly file clerk at a calendar company who hid an agreement?

I think a lot of people who truly loved scouting once want better. 

• Upvote 1