Methodists settle with BSA

I found this from the article pretty interesting.

"Earlier this month, the United Methodist negotiators were encouraging those churches to vote “no,” but with the settlement, the churches are asked to vote for the plan. Those that already have voted against it are asked to change their votes, and directions on how to do that are being shared through annual conferences."

I don't know how many congregations actually filed as claimants, but it could easily be 2000 -- 3000, that's a lot of yes votes.

24 minutes ago, T2Eagle said:

I don't know how many congregations actually filed as claimants, but it could easily be 2000 -- 3000, that's a lot of yes votes.

They are in a different claimant class.  Each claimant class has to vote yes, by at least 66%.  UMC churches votes would not be counted with the sex abuse survivor votes.  I believe they would fall under general unsecured claims, but  perhaps convenience.  They will definitely not fall under direct abuse claims which will likely decide the path of this bankruptcy.

• 2010 Credit Facility Claims 
  • 2019 RCF Claims  
  • 2010 Bond Claims 
  • 2012 Bond Claims 
  • Convenience Claims 
  • General Unsecured Claims  
  • Non-Abuse Litigation Claims  
  • Direct Abuse Claims 
  • Indirect Abuse Claims  
Edited by Eagle1993
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

They are in a different claimant class.  Each claimant class has to vote yes, by at least 66%.  UMC churches votes would not be counted with the sex abuse survivor votes.  I believe they would fall under general unsecured claims, but  perhaps convenience.  They will definitely not fall under direct abuse claims which will likely decide the path of this bankruptcy.

• 2010 Credit Facility Claims 
  • 2019 RCF Claims  
  • 2010 Bond Claims 
  • 2012 Bond Claims 
  • Convenience Claims 
  • General Unsecured Claims  
  • Non-Abuse Litigation Claims  
  • Direct Abuse Claims 
  • Indirect Abuse Claims  

Almost all the separate congregations that are, and have been involved for decades likelfile as requested.  I know locally that every church with a unit or more was specifically asked to file the needed documents early on. 

24 minutes ago, skeptic said:

Almost all the separate congregations that are, and have been involved for decades likelfile as requested.  I know locally that every church with a unit or more was specifically asked to file the needed documents early on. 

I believe it. 

https://casedocs.omniagentsolutions.com/cmsvol2/pub_47373/9156e828-9e46-448c-bdd0-ae41eab0683b_Chartered_Organization_Notice.pdf

I found the charter org voting information here.  Charter organizations votes will be counted under the claim they filed ... it looks like most would be under Indirect Abuse Claims.

Edited by Eagle1993