Has anyone else been having problems with getting membership certificates and packets from the NESA?  I sent a check for membership for a new Eagle Scout in June on this year, and as yet have not received anything. 6 Months!!

Of course my check was cashed in early July.  I have sent four emails now and have not received the courtesy of a reply. 

Yet I am receiving weekly emails and postcards asking me to subscribe to a new Eagle Scout Directory ( A blatant fund raiser).  Maybe their efforts should be more toward daily business than these pseudo-scams. 

I got an email reply from them on a separate issue about two months ago...basically staff cuts and no one monitoring the communication channels, so your situation sounds about right.

Same here on the Eagle Directory postcards.   For the amount they have spent to send me forty postcards, they could probably have just printed and sent the book for free.  Better yet, make it digital...but no, gotta have that revenue stream 😜

I get postcards from them almost monthly asking me to join/update my info. I always viewed them as a "Whos Who" type directory, where you just pay them to be on a list and get certificates, etc... Other than these solicitation postcards, I know nothing about them.

The postcards are a fundraiser, not their raison d'etre.   The original purpose of NESA, as I recall, was to keep Eagle Scouts "connected" to the program and get them to continue to support Scouting at the Council level, both physically and financially.  Over the years, there have been attempts to get a NESA "chapter" up and running in my Council with periodic breakfast and social meetings, but I don't think it ever went anywhere.  The national organization also provides annual scholarships.

While there is apparently some helpful connections that occur through NESA for the aged out Eagle, most of it is aimed at trying to reengage the members locally and to offer scholarships.  The books are one of those resources, just as the subsidiary puff items.  They are only another option, and few local chapters are particularly active, as it is another one of the pieces of our "hour a week" committments.  None of us have inexhaustible time for doing good things, and so we have to choose what is important and what we may be good at.  NESA serves a purpose, and in our Council, it does take lead on the annual Eagle recognition, including a speech contest for a youth speaker, and a small local scholarship.  The books are interesting, but they are just another vehicle to a goal.  Respond, or don't.  Now that I seem to have gotten the basics they have on file accurate, I just ignore the cards, or politely call the number and let them know I am fine, and not in a position to dom more than allow it.  I believe that you also can ask to no longer be included in the book(s).  

Anyone having issues purchasing a new membership??

"Error

Whoops!It appears important information is missing from your Eagle Scout profile.Please contact your Eagle Scout council updating the following information."

All data is correct...and it does not tell me which data is triggering the error message....
On 12/13/2021 at 4:21 PM, InquisitiveScouter said:

Anyone having issues purchasing a new membership??

"Error

Whoops!It appears important information is missing from your Eagle Scout profile.Please contact your Eagle Scout council updating the following information."

All data is correct...and it does not tell me which data is triggering the error message....

OK, so, this is new...I figured out that, if you are purchasing a Gift Membership for someone, you must put in the parent email address in on the section where is says "Your Information"  Never had to do that before.

1 hour ago, MattR said:

My guess is that they assume the parent is more reliable at keeping up the membership? I asked my son if he wanted any of the email I get for him and he said no. He's busy and I can't blame him.

I think you may have missed the point...

They already ask for the Scout's email in another section...

In the section where they want to have info from you (Your Information), as the purchaser of a Gift Membership, it would only go through when entering the Scout parent's email instead of your email.

And I go NO email confirmation of the purchase.

• 7 months later...

Referring to my original post, after six emails and two snail mails, i finally received the scout's NESA  package last month, ELEVEN MONTHS after the application was sent and our check was cashed.  Better late than never, I suppose.

Dale

Just an FYI: If you ignore the NESA solicitations for 30 years or so, they will eventually go away.  I haven't seen one in at least five years. 

Has my wife started throwing them away?

To whom it may concern: JoeBob is not my real name; I did not win the lottery this week; and my mailbox is screwed shut!

Thousands of Arrowmen from across America are excited to be in Knoxville, Tennessee to attend the Order of the Arrow’s National Conference on July 25-30, 2022! Hundreds of Eagle Scouts and members of the National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) are among them.

You can also enter drawings for NESA items such as NESA patches, NESA buckles, and even a Joseph Cstari Original Print for the Grand Prize.  “Meet the Man” sessions will also be announced featuring the Chief Scout Executive Roger C. Mosby and NESA National President-Frank Tsuru. We also anticipate incoming BSA President Brad Tilden will make an appearance and answer questions while at the booth. 

More details at source:

https://nesa.org/news/sneak-peek-at-what-is-instore-for-nesa-at-noac/