Classic; often root of great skits and take-offs.

Out of curiosity, I searched for "boy scouts" and  "Allan Sherman". The search returned this link with 1956 camp letters from Scout Harlan who attended Camp Lenape, BSA in (Medford Lakes) Burlington County, NJ.

My old troop often camped at Camp Lenape...back in the day.

Edited by RememberSchiff
NJ

So, for fun, not whatever contentious opinions might transpire, share some old songs and skits we used before the age of "verybody" is offended, and there is unacceptable innuendo in that skit or song.

The old "mine is longer than yours" skit.  It was a standard in the fifties and sixties.  Or, the original Region 12 song; the one we sang literally to death at the 1960 Jamboree.

34 minutes ago, skeptic said:

So, for fun, not whatever contentious opinions might transpire, share some old songs and skits we used before the age of "verybody" is offended, and there is unacceptable innuendo in that skit or song.

The old "mine is longer than yours" skit.  It was a standard in the fifties and sixties.  Or, the original Region 12 song; the one we sang literally to death at the 1960 Jamboree.

The reason the Region 12 song was put aside, to be kind, is because it suggested sleeping in the nude, and it sort of snubbed noses at other regions in its chorus.  Ane we loved it.  I still occasionally sing the original, just for fun.  

chorus:

"That's the way we do in Utah,

Arizona and Nevada

California and Hawaii,

Out west in Region Twelve.."

I suppose anyone can be offended by about anything.  😗