Webelos / AOL Campout

This weekend we are having a campout just for our Webelos / AOL Scouts.  

Our Unit has our own meeting place which makes life easier in many many ways.  We are holding the campout there.  

The Scouts, this weekend, will be practicing the Patrol Method.  They have planned their menus, generated a shopping list, and will be preparing and cooking all their meals.

There will be Scouts there from the Troop as well.

ALL Scouts will get an opportunity to raise and lower the Flag as part of a color guard.  They will work on fire building again.  They will work on knots again,  We are going to review all the requirements in Scouting Adventure.  Scouts are supposed to have an activity ready to lead on their own. 

1. Show that you are an active leader by planning an activity for your den without your den leader’s help. Ask your den leader for approval first.

Im very excited.  :)

• Upvote 1

Sounds like great fun. Well done.

And your own meeting place where you can camp! Nice combination. My first troop had their own land with a cabin. I never thought much of it as a scout but now that sounds wonderful.

Sounds like there's a reason you're growing. Thanks for the good news.

Sounds awesome. I am not familiar with cubs and webelos requirements, so it is awesome to see that one. Sad that it doesn't continue as ever increasing requirements for upper ranks. One would think that a first class scout should have done this and more. I suppose it is implied as a result of serving as a PL or such, but sadly this is not necessarily true.

Edited by DuctTape
  • 6 months later...

My sons pack had a father and son Webelo/AOL trip from Pittsburgh to Gettysburg each year, late spring. This was for the graduating 4th graders since the 5th grade cubs were already crossed to the troop. The troop supported the event usually with equipment and with a leader and older scout or scouts. Today it would be a parent cub event. It was great for the AOL's to be presented with the trail medals that they had earned at the June Pack Meeting. All the younger cubs envied them and I expect that helped keep kids in the pack as they set their sights on earning that award too. It was an important trip to not only start the process of preparing the AOL den to crossover to the troop but also for the parents to understand that there was a place for them in the troop too.