Coalition Tone Deaf and contrast of defenders public image

I'll just leave this here...it is SO unfortunate that an attorney saying he reprsents thousands of Survivors, many who have had their lives ruined, would post this right now courtesy of Tim Kosnoff's Twitter: https://twitter.com/SexAbuseAttys/status/1453544554452303873/photo/1

Edited by RememberSchiff
modified topic name
5 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

I'll just leave this here...it is SO unfortunate that an attorney saying he reprsents thousands of Survivors, many who have had their lives ruined, would post this right now courtesy of Tim Kosnoff's Twitter: https://twitter.com/SexAbuseAttys/status/1453544554452303873/photo/1

I wonder if the yacht belongs to some of his hedge fund friends?

18 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

Yup. I sent those gps coordinates to some media. Unbelievable.

Btw, from a strategic standpoint, who in their right mind does something like that at a moment like this? I’ll let you figure out where I’m going with that. This is not a personal judgement, just an assessment of strategy or lack thereof.

Edited by ThenNow

Why should people be surprised.  This is the type of individual involved, and they are so cocky that they think they cannot be touched.  But I am called out for suggesting they are not nice birds.  And they do fly together.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, qwazse said:

About yachts and other expensive hobbies, I daresay that some victims have them, or have friends who do. If Mr. Kosnoff thinks that a night on the water is such an insult to a lawyer’s clients, he could take it up with the Bar Association.

It's just amazingly tone deaf.  Survivors are struggling, especially now.  Some have been active on this forum and you can feel their pain.  The right thing to do from the people who stand to make MILLIONS from our abuse is to just take a while off from reminding us that their life is so great.   Anyone who wants us to believe that he has empathy for the daily struggles of so many Survivors shouldn't take comfort in the ones that have expensive hobbies or the friends that do, he should instead be behaving in a manner that makes us feel like he remembers and cares about the ones that don't. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I have seen the pics of Ken Rothweiler at the Bellagio and on a yacht in Marina Del Rey Ca.  I also find the optics to be very disingenuous for someone who claims to be working so hard for survivors.  He doesn't seem to be in the game for the long haul rather just for the quick payout along with the other coalition lawyers.

I have been attentive to what the TCC has said in the Town Halls and in their video and the contrast with the coalition cannot be any greater.  On one hand we have attorneys saying we will fight for you to get more and you deserve more vs the were done HipHipHooray why try for more.

And that all brings me to the much maligned Tim Kosnoff.  Everyone may not like his style but we aren't judging an ice skating act. He tells it like it is and he says it with conviction.  As a survivor you may not like his wording but you have to like his message which also is survivors deserve the most possible.  I personally believe he is working very hard for all of us. 

9 hours ago, qwazse said:

About yachts and other expensive hobbies, I daresay that some victims have them, or have friends who do. If Mr. Kosnoff thinks that a night on the water is such an insult to a lawyer’s clients, he could take it up with the Bar Association.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • RememberSchiff changed the title to Coalition Tone Deaf and contrast of defenders public image
  • RememberSchiff unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Muttsy said:

Coalition lead negotiator Ken Rothweiler more evidence of his dangerously poor judgment and dishonesty. His grandiosity cost this man a life. https://t.co/I52g9ea3dK

Except in the BSA case he's not being grandiose enough?

This thread seems to be nothing but attacking the character of one of the lawyers. Everyone, find something else to talk about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Regarding @qwazse point about taking complaints to the Bar Association, I looked at the link below

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/professional_responsibility/publications/model_rules_of_professional_conduct/model_rules_of_professional_conduct_preamble_scope/

Noticed this

[16] Compliance with the Rules, as with all law in an open society, depends primarily upon understanding and voluntary compliance, secondarily upon reinforcement by peer and public opinion and finally, when necessary, upon enforcement through disciplinary proceedings. The Rules do not, however, exhaust the moral and ethical considerations that should inform a lawyer, for no worthwhile human activity can be completely defined by legal rules. The Rules simply provide a framework for the ethical practice of law.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1