New here so this may well have been asked. OA has a small arrow on a ribbon for a uniform shirt pocket button. I assume this indicates OA membership. If I wear a lodge patch, should I also wear the ribbon or should it be one or the other? Anything more about the ribbon as you move to brotherhood, etc.? 

Hi @wearrepair!

So, there are two things at work here...1) Membership in the Order of the Arrow, and 2) Membership in your lodge.

1)  Once you are inducted, you are always a member of the OA (as long as you are in good standing with the BSA)  The OA Membership Emblem, or "dangle", is worn from your button to show this when it is not appropriate to wear your OA sash.

https://filestore.scouting.org/filestore/pdf/33066/33066_Scouting_Honors_And_Special_Recognitions_WEB.pdf

2) You must pay yearly dues to be a member of your local lodge.  If you are not a current dues-paid member of your lodge, you should not be wearing a lodge flap, as your uniform is supposed to reflect your current standing in the organization.

"With the exception of the Cub Scout badges of rank, members wear only the insignia that show their present status in the movement." per G2A&I

Hopes this helps!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You can wear both if you wish.  There is no change in the ribbon at the Brotherhood level, however there is a tiny red triangle device that can be worn by those of the vigil honor.  Few seem to bother. Occasionally you may see a ribbon that is red with a gold arrow rather than the usual red and white with a silver arrow. This is indicative that the wearer has been honored with the Founders Award.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1