Jump to content

Former Youth Protection Director on the dangers in Scouts BSA


Recommended Posts

BOOM: https://www.andersonadvocates.com/former-10-year-boy-scout-youth-protection-director-blows-whistle/

Scouts BSA is Not a Safe Place for Children Today, Congress Must Take Immediate Action

Scouting is High-Risk, Does Not Meet Minimum Safety Standards

BSA Allows Predators Overnight Access to Kids

Press Conference: Tuesday, October 12 at 1:30 p.m. ET

(Washington, D.C.) – At a press conference, the 10-year former Youth Protection Director for Scouts BSA (formerly the Boy Scouts of America) will speak out about the dangers that Scouts BSA pose to children right now. He will also:

  • Present an open letter, given to members of Congress, urging them to begin investigations and hearings immediately into the dangers that exist and the cover-up of abuse
  • Reveal BSA policies that allow predators access to children today
  • Expose how current Scouts BSA leadership and business model foster danger, secrecy, abuse and cover-up
  • Disclose details on former detective refusing to sign NDA, non-disparagement agreement
  • Demand full disclosure of hidden documents and identities of all predators, past and present
  • Demand release of internal expert analysis that identifies known perils within BSA
  • Demand full disclosure of the perversion files kept secret

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think anyone said that.  What they said is that we shouldn't just do weekly meetings and eliminate the outdoor program.  Honestly, scouting without an outdoor program is not scouting ... its s

I second all of that. Factor in this little story, as well. Add it to the consideration of “who [you] are dealing with” and “Don’t send your Eagle badge back to National. It does not seem to care.” Yo

Not replacing MJ with another external CSA expert is a disaster of a decision.  It is fueling the anger in each of these speeches.  If MJ wasn't working out, they should have hired a new CSA external

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, MYCVAStory said:

At a press conference, the 10-year former Youth Protection Director for Scouts BSA (formerly the Boy Scouts of America) will speak out about the dangers that Scouts BSA pose to children right now.

Michael Johnson was in from 2010-2021

The math is about right 

https://www.scoutingnewsroom.org/press-releases/boy-scouts-of-america-appoints-michael-johnson-as-youth-protection-director/

Not saying it was Johnson. Saying Johnson would make sense.

 

Edited by CynicalScouter
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the former head of youth protection for the Boy Scouts of America is ready to say it is crud you can say goodbye to the bankruptcy.

He will be the star witness in every single lawsuit filed from now until doomsday.

why on earth would anyone ever want to settle now?

even if they offered 2.7 million why would you even want that now? After this all you have to do is walk into a courtroom compel this guy to testify and just name your number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

And by the way: everybody here who’s been for the last two years telling me about how great youth protection is and how Boy Scouts takes youth protection seriously?

tomorrow is your reckoning.

Say goodbye to BSA I’m serious say goodbye to BSA they are done you don’t have the head of your youth protection program come out in a public statement like this and expect to survive.

say goodbye.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Michael Johnson was in from 2010-2021

The math is about right 

https://www.scoutingnewsroom.org/press-releases/boy-scouts-of-america-appoints-michael-johnson-as-youth-protection-director/

Not saying it was Johnson. Saying Johnson would make sense.

 

Maybe. Another possibility however unlikely,  Douglas Sovereign Smith, a former program director of the Boy Scouts of America and chairman of its Youth Protection Task Force. He was released from prison in 2013 after serving about 7 years on child pornography charges.

 

Edited by RememberSchiff
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RememberSchiff said:

Maybe. Another possibility however unlikely,  Douglas Sovereign Smith, a former program director of the Boy Scouts of America and chairman of its Youth Protection Task Force. He was released from prison in 2013 after serving about 7 years on child pornography charges.

The math doesn't or does work, I don't know, but again cannot discount anything.

Edited by CynicalScouter
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If it is MJ I will be interested in what he shares as it will be current.    If any leadership hid abuse they should be fired and possibly prosecuted.  I’m not ready to say it will end the BSA, but if it is current and as bad as it sounds, it definitely could.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

Smith wasn’t Youth Protection Director  for ten years if memory serves. It has to be MJ. 

Yeah, but I'm hedging bets because sure enough that would be the prediction and then it turns out to be someone from the 1980s period.

But odds are MJ.

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I am going tin foil hat here a second.

Anyone believe in coincidences? That this is coming out the same week (day?) solicitation packages are showing up in the mailboxes of the 82,500 victims?

This was sitting in someone's pocket waiting for the most opportune time. Which would be right about....now

/tinfoilhat

Edited by CynicalScouter
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CynicalScouter said:

Yeah, but I'm hedging bets because sure enough that would be the prediction and then it turns out to be someone from the 1980s period.

But odds are MJ.

It sounds like they created the role in 2010…

 it has created the new full-time position of Youth Protection director. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of bankruptcy, if I’m the future claimant rep I’m calling off support for this plan.  The number of younger claimants and the value of their claims could explode with this info.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eagle1993 said:

 

In terms of bankruptcy, if I’m the future claimant rep I’m calling off support for this plan.  The number of younger claimants and the value of their claims could explode with this info.  

 

Is that too late? The ballots are printed and going out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...