Former Youth Protection Director on the dangers in Scouts BSA

14 hours ago, MYCVAStory said:

Don't know if you saw the last TCC Town Hall.  Kennedy took the online YPT training and besides it saying that 25% of abuse is youth-on-youth, when the former head of Youth Protection who has seen the reports says it's actually 50%, he was allowed to take the test and get his YPT certificate without completing an entire module on bullying.  I'm just tired of shaking my head over the constant breakdowns in youth protection.  "$h*t happens" isn't good enough when it comes to the safety of the nation's youth.

Personally, I don't think bullying should be included with the CSA training anyway.  If you give people two different areas to think about, they'll default to thinking the most about the one they view as "most likely" or most common and give much less attention to the other one. 

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think anyone said that.  What they said is that we shouldn't just do weekly meetings and eliminate the outdoor program.  Honestly, scouting without an outdoor program is not scouting ... its s

I second all of that. Factor in this little story, as well. Add it to the consideration of “who [you] are dealing with” and “Don’t send your Eagle badge back to National. It does not seem to care.” Yo

Not replacing MJ with another external CSA expert is a disaster of a decision.  It is fueling the anger in each of these speeches.  If MJ wasn't working out, they should have hired a new CSA external

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, elitts said:

Personally, I don't think bullying should be included with the CSA training anyway.  If you give people two different areas to think about, they'll default to thinking the most about the one they view as "most likely" or most common and give much less attention to the other one. 

Bullying and youth on youth abuse are very interrelated though.