Former Youth Protection Director on the dangers in Scouts BSA

4 minutes ago, Muttsy said:

Is that too late? The ballots are printed and going out. 

There is the possibility to send out a "supplemental" document about 30 days into voting. But I don't know what that can include. Can it include a "to heck with this" note from the FCR? Again, state court guy, not bankruptcy.

Edited by CynicalScouter
  • Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think anyone said that.  What they said is that we shouldn't just do weekly meetings and eliminate the outdoor program.  Honestly, scouting without an outdoor program is not scouting ... its s

I second all of that. Factor in this little story, as well. Add it to the consideration of “who [you] are dealing with” and “Don’t send your Eagle badge back to National. It does not seem to care.” Yo

Not replacing MJ with another external CSA expert is a disaster of a decision.  It is fueling the anger in each of these speeches.  If MJ wasn't working out, they should have hired a new CSA external

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

It sounds like they created the role in 2010…

it has created the new full-time position of Youth Protection director. 

Right, that and the verb tense used in the PR release ("now" "present") screams MJ. But I don't want to assume too much.

1 hour ago, MYCVAStory said:

Huh. This is all very innerestin. I guess I’ll have to cancel my afternoon Hardy Boys book club and tea party. Another, “huh.” Mr. Mazzuca was the gent I wrote in 2008 naming my abuser, noting a small portion of my abuse and advising him that my SM had abused others. He never responded nor did he/they put my abuser on “the list.” I’m now thinkin he was busy interviewing Youth Protection director candidates. 

PS - Because of the way my brain operates in vignettes and sketches, I am picturing the conference rooms and Zoom calls among the BSA players, Coalition cohort and the hedge fund collection posse. I only wish I could watch or at least listen in. Wee...

Edited by ThenNow
1 minute ago, Eagle1993 said:

I wonder how he became former.  Was he fired or did he resign. MJ’s LinkedIn profile shows him as the current youth protection director.  So, I’m not 100% sure it is him.  

I emailed in February 2021 and got the "no longer employed" bounce-back.

He may have been fired and this will get played off as "sour grapes".

The other factor is that Johnson was the BSA spokesperson for "YPT is dandy". Now all his prior comments to the press about how BSA takes YP seriously will get thrown back in his face.

Edited by CynicalScouter
1 minute ago, CynicalScouter said:
1 minute ago, Eagle1993 said:

wonder how he became former.  Was he fired or did he resign. MJ’s LinkedIn profile shows him as the current youth protection director.  So, I’m not 100% sure it is him.  

This just keeps getting better and better. What time are you guys signing off? I might make a pot of coffee and hang around a while. 

He may have been fired and this will get played off as "sour grapes".

The other factor is that Johnson was the BSA spokesperson for "YPT is dandy". Now all his prior comments to the press about how BSA takes YP seriously will get thrown back in his face.

Agreed.   BSA would have to be pretty stupid to fire their youth protection director in the middle of a CSA bankruptcy without a ton of cause.  I’m not saying he was fired, but if they did I would think they have some good reasons. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, ThenNow said:

This just keeps getting better and better. What time are you guys signing off? I might make a pot of coffee and hang around a while. 

It already made its way to reddit (notably NOT r/BSA which has a lot of official BSA types and no doubt got it deleted)

Waiting for someone to post to the FB groups I know. That will be the next thing.

Lot of scout folks in for a rude awakening tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

BSA would have to be pretty stupid to fire their youth protection director in the middle of a CSA bankruptcy without a ton of cause.

They've got stupid by the buckets. That's not being snarky but an honest observation. They really, truly I believe at the highest levels believe ALL the sexual abuse was a thing of the past before "they" got here and therefore let's just move on.

If Johnson comes out as a whistleblower to say "yeah, it still happens. A lot." that squashes their motif.

Edited by CynicalScouter

The instance that occurred just this summer at my former camp (bathroom cameras and so on) underscored to me that the issues are still there.  If abuse was a thing of the past, then the organization might be able to move on.  Clearly it is not so.  I don't see how BSA survives.  

2 hours ago, CynicalScouter said:

He will be the star witness in every single lawsuit filed from now until doomsday.

even if they offered 2.7 million why would you even want that now? After this all you have to do is walk into a courtroom compel this guy to testify and just name your number.

Kosnoff had the same idea I did: Johnson is going to spend the rest of his life going from one court to another in Plaintiff vs. BSA and LCs.

Kosnoff's having a field day of course

He’s just reading your posts and reposting. Thank the Lord I’m almost done drafting my complaint. I’m looking forward to adding some juicy tidbits from Mystery Joe’s presser. Boy howdy. 

5 minutes ago, ThenNow said:

He’s just reading your posts and reposting. Thank the Lord I’m almost done drafting my complaint. I’m looking forward to adding some juicy tidbits from Mystery Joe’s presser. Boy howdy. 

I did not want to outright accuse him of that but the timing is…interesting.