What does it mean "Hide All Signatures"

On some forums you can add "signatures" (sometimes called sigs) - they are lines of text, maybe graphics,  that show up at the bottom of every post you make. THe setting looks like it is designed to hide said sigs. 

The thing is, I have not seen any settings that allow you to create a sig on this forum. Though, for some reason I think we might have had that option in the past.

So, not sure why its showing up. 

A sample sig might look something like this. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No one can pass through life, any more than he can pass through a bit of country, without leaving tracks behind, and those tracks may often be helpful to those coming after him in finding their way.  - Lord Baden-Powell

On 10/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, fred8033 said:

Some posts are appearing with a red x in the lower right corner.  Has a pull down with Hide All Signatures and Hide <user> Signatures.  

What does that mean?  What is the effect?

Not sure.  I clicked the hide all and then Facebook went down for half a day.

Edited by Eagle1993
  • Haha 2
On 10/6/2021 at 2:32 PM, fred8033 said:

Some posts are appearing with a red x in the lower right corner.  Has a pull down with Hide All Signatures and Hide <user> Signatures.  

According to the operations manual, it indicates a problem with the coolant level for the nuclear reactor that powers the forum. I am sure that it is nothing to get too concerned about however.

• Haha 1

It means someone spilled a cocktail in the server room

Smoke, sparks, general mayhem, weird red x's appearing in the lower right corner, the forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions, Old Testament real wrath-of-God type stuff; Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling; Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…The dead rising from the grave; Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.

• Haha 1
On 10/6/2021 at 3:51 PM, HelpfulTracks said:

The thing is, I have not seen any settings that allow you to create a sig on this forum. Though, for some reason I think we might have had that option in the past.

Your name in the upper right corner of the page --> Account settings --> left hand column --> Signature

• Upvote 1
On 10/6/2021 at 2:32 PM, fred8033 said:

On some forums, some people's signatures can get really long/large, so its good to not have to scroll past a whole bunch of nonsense to follow a thread. It hasn't been an issue on this forum though.

• 2 weeks later...