This should go over well: BSA now mandating vaccinations starting 6/1/2022. No religious exemptions, only medical.

While I would not encourage someone to lie on the form, I will point out that only part C requires a medical person to sign. If you fill out the vaccination section in part B but have the wrong date, that's not the worst thing.

For years my shot/vaccination segment has included circa mid forties childhood vac's, polio date aproximated with cube, had dissease, or the actual dates more recently.  Few of us have specific records of childhood shots, especially if born in the middle of the 20th century.

6 hours ago, malraux said:

While I would not encourage someone to lie on the form, I will point out that only part C requires a medical person to sign. If you fill out the vaccination section in part B but have the wrong date, that's not the worst thing.

I just filled mine out and put "Childhood".  I know I was vaccinated, but my docs got lost somewhere between the 1980s and now and my earliest health record is from like age 16.

I got the polio sugar cube in a British high school around 1992.  I don't think any sort of record made it into my medical records.  It's on my Army vax record, so they probably transcribed it from the form I filled out before entry.  If it's good enough for Uncle Sam, it's good enough for BSA, from my perspective.

On 10/9/2021 at 9:44 AM, Armymutt said:

I got the polio sugar cube in a British high school around 1992.  I don't think any sort of record made it into my medical records.  It's on my Army vax record, so they probably transcribed it from the form I filled out before entry.  If it's good enough for Uncle Sam, it's good enough for BSA, from my perspective.

I wouldn't assume that to be the case. It certainly does not apply to BSA Shooting Sports. I've had our Camp staff tell US Army Infantry Instructors that they could not work a Day Camp or Spook-O-Ree BB range if they did not have the BSA credentials.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:46 PM, awanatech said:

I wouldn't assume that to be the case. It certainly does not apply to BSA Shooting Sports. I've had our Camp staff tell US Army Infantry Instructors that they could not work a Day Camp or Spook-O-Ree BB range if they did not have the BSA credentials.

Two totally different situations.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:00 PM, Armymutt said:

Two totally different situations.

And yet still some similarity also. The point being that BSA standards will often differ from US govt standards. Just because Uncle Sam accepts something doesn't mean that BSA will also.