I messed up on my Eagle Scout Paperwork and I need help

I completed building my Eagle Scout project in June of this year.  As I was looking over the paperwork today, working on it, I realized I never got the Authorized Council Approval signature for my Eagle Scout Service Project Fundraising Application.  I got all of the other signatures I needed on all of the other papers, that is the only signature I did not receive.  What is my plan from here?  Am I still eligible to receive my Eagle rank or will I need to start on another project?

I am thankful for any answers that can come shortly and I will try to answer any questions that I can.

Welcome to the forum,  @Needhelp434

I can think of much worse mistakes to have made. I'd suggest talking to the person that was supposed to sign it. You may be at their mercy but assuming there was nothing unusual about your fundraising they may give you a pass. As usual, prepare for the worst but stay optimistic. 

You should be fine.  Submit your paperwork.  

The approval form is targeting special situations where you make financial commitments or compete with the council or could represent scouting badly.  I've rarely seen an Eagle project fundraiser that crosses the line.  

Unless it's a really special fundraiser, you should be fine. 

Edited by fred8033

@Needhelp434--Welcome to the forum.  Lots of smart and sensitive Scouters here who can help.

It appears that you do have the approval of the beneficiary of the project-that is very important.  If the beneficiary has approved and has accepted the work, it is difficult for the district or council representative to dispute the beneficiary's approval.

Did you submit a draft of your Eagle Project to the authorized district or council representative but just omit getting the final approval?

With Covid and Eagle Project Proposals being sent around by email, Eagle Project Proposals no longer have all the required signatures on a single page of the Project, but now tend to have only one signature on multiple copies of the same page.  It is easy to overlook a missing page and thereby a missing signature.

You might also ask your Eagle Coach(or Scoutmaster if no Eagle Coach) to contact the district or council representative and explain the situation.

If you have any difficulties, please post here again before starting another Eagle Project.  I would hope that things work out OK for approval of your Eagle Project now completed.

It sounds like you have time to do an entire new Eagle Project.  Hopefully not necessary, but that is a good fall-back position.  And, good for you to have done your Eagle Project with plenty of time to spare, and not wait until the last minute.

And if things do work out OK, please post and let us know-or we will worry about you for a long time-years even

Good luck.

Eagle Scout, Philmont Ranger.

I have been an Eagle Coach for 10 or 15 years, and I would have no problem with a district or council representative approving your Eagle Project after the event.. 

@SiouxRanger ... Fundraiser app.  Not the main proposal.  Council approval.  Not the beneficiary.  ... Unless I miss read a key part.  If the proposal was signed off and report was signed off, you are good.  ... Even if the proposal was not signed off, there are still paths as the project is required; not the paperwork.  If the scout can demonstrate develop, plan and lead, there are still paths forward.   ... Fundraiser app exists to prevent things from going south.