An easy and cheap way is to use painters drop canvas (not splattered with paint of course). Cut a swath out that is about twice the depth of the longest knife and wide enough to accommodate the number of knives you need ( about the width + 4 inches for each of the knives you plan to roll laid side by side - I wouldn't put more than 6 or so in one roll).  Lay the longest knife on the roll about  about 3 inches from left edge, place it so that it is centered depth wise, then place the remaining knives about 2-3 inches apart so they are laid out left to right with the tips facing you. Once they are laid out, fold the top and bottom flaps so they cover the knives. Then start rolling. Use a rubber band or paracord to secure the roll. 

I do the same for long spoons, spatulas, tongs etc. Keeps everything nice and neat and clean. 

Edited by HelpfulTracks
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Cardboard and duck tape.  Works for me.   I do Woods Tools at IOLS.   Most of my knife and axe sheaths are "home made".    Cardboard, duck tape,  string to tie around the axe heads.  I tried making axe sheaths with velcro closures (fancy!) but the glue fell off.  Duck Tape and cordage.    

On 9/26/2021 at 8:06 AM, SSScout said:

Cardboard and duck tape.  Works for me.   I do Woods Tools at IOLS.   Most of my knife and axe sheaths are "home made".    Cardboard, duck tape,  string to tie around the axe heads.  I tried making axe sheaths with velcro closures (fancy!) but the glue fell off.  Duck Tape and cordage.    

I ended up using the pattern in my link above.  A manilla folder and packing tape.