Chapter 11 Announced - Part 6 - Plan 5.0/TCC Plan TBD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is Doug Kennedy, a member of the TCC.  First, I want to thank all of you for your comments over the past 18 months.  Your comments and those in other forums, whether I disagree with them or not,

A few months ago, one of the posters here offered some great advice I thought.  Type what you intend  to say. Set it aside for a few minutes and look at it again before you press "post". Does it

Normally I wouldn't discuss user issues, but given his profile pic and signature I'm going to make an exception: Regardless of the impression given by his profile picture and signature line, Cyni

Posted Images

20 hours ago, Muttsy said:

More of THE KEN SHOW starring KEN and featuring the SHYSTERETTES!

I received a text message urging me to watch this video and vote "yes" on the BSA's 5.5 plan. After watching it, I was strongly reminded of that movie "V for Vendetta." Just like High Chancellor Sutler instilling a climate of fear to keep the totalitarian regime in control and power. I promptly sent an email to the TCC notifying them of the Coalition's latest fear mongering maneuver. The TCC confirmed receipt and thanked me for forwarding this information to them.

I also attended the Coalition's 1st town hall meeting. I left after 41 minutes. Again, I was reminded of a Russian state controlled TV station where the information was strictly controlled from the top down. I thought about attending their 2nd town hall but decided against it. I am glad I didn't waste any more of my time. 

I'd take $0 dollars any day rather than be forced to settle for scraps from BSA's, my LC's and CO's tables. These 3 should be at the forefront and leading edge of Youth Protection but instead it's treated as an after thought. Survivors are even further down on their rung...

0_QAj1y1M0hfYGvnOn.jpg

Let's stand back a bit. This is to everyone and nobody in particular (as I've already talked to some of you in particular).

The bankruptcy seems to be in a sit and wait for the vote phase. Only there's a lot of not sitting and waiting. Not just here. There are a lot of people trying to sway the vote and that's fine. However, this is not politics as usual as personal attacks are not allowed on this forum. While there are some things from the BSA that I don't defend, the Scout Law will be defended. Our character is all that we can control and attacking someone else's character is nothing but hubris, we all have faults. I really have no idea if attacking someone's character is allowed in court but it's not allowed here. This is also not Twitter, you can't just flame people.

And yet, you can still talk about a lot of things that you disagree with. If you think this guy is lying and giving a false impression in order to sway votes then bring up what he's omitted and gotten wrong. Keep him out of it. Talk about his ideas rather than his personality. Make your case in a professional way. I realize It's difficult to write concise, to the point and without using personal attacks but you will have a better argument and that will bring your side more votes. Do your best.

• Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, RememberSchiff said:

I become concerned when a party states do not use the ballot provided  rather download our app and use that to vote.  Was this Coalition app court approved?

I was just about to pose the same question. We need  Cynical back in the saddle. 

I went and looked and it appears there is also a way to submit what they're calling a Master Ballot, or a spread sheet with a collection of ballots. Search the pdf mentioned above. Also, ballots can be submitted by mail, overnight, and personal delivery. This is from page 2 of the pdf:

The Bankruptcy Court has approved December 14, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) as the deadline to vote to accept or reject the Plan (the “Voting Deadline”). Subject to Section VI, the Debtors may extend the Voting Deadline upon notice to parties in interest. To be counted as a vote to accept or reject the Plan, each Ballot or Master Ballot (each, generally referred to herein as a “Ballot”) must be properly executed, completed, and delivered by (1) the electronic Ballot submission platform on the Solicitation Agent’s website (the “E-Ballot Platform”), (2) mail, (3) overnight delivery, or (4) personal delivery, so that it is actually received, in each case, by the Solicitation Agent no later than the Voting Deadline. Specifically, each Ballot must be returned through the E-Ballot Platform at (a) https://omniagentsolutions.com/bsa-SAballots for Direct Abuse Claim Ballots and Master Ballots or (b) https://omniagentsolutions.com/bsa-ballots for all other Ballots, 3 by mail using the envelope included in the Solicitation Package, as applicable, or by overnight or personal delivery to the following address:

It sounds like the app is just a way to fill in the spreadsheet of a master ballot. It could also be a way to control the messaging. Still, something as important as this? I'd be hesitant about an app unless it's been well tested.

5 hours ago, MYCVAStory said:

The TCC has apparently had enough of Survivors being misled.  Just got a message that this video has dropped::

Everyone who agrees, please go to the video and upvote like crazy. Please. 🙏

On 10/22/2021 at 4:54 PM, MYCVAStory said:

The Rothweiler video is DISGUSTING. 

For the moment, let's assume that advising clients in closed state to vote yes is sound legal advice.

How could he make that video and give the same advice to every client? If it's true that survivors in closed states cannot do better than what the plan offers, it must also be true that survivors in open states are virtually assured of doing better by suing the local councils in state courts. They wouldn't be sharing anything with those in closed states.

I don't know how he could only say that those in closed states risk (and, the way he put it, should expect) getting nothing without also saying that those in open states are making a large financial sacrifice, if the plan is approved.

It seems to me that if an attorney is representing survivors in both open and closed states, a conflict of interest exists IF we assume that advising clients in closed states is sound legal advice.

12 minutes ago, PeterHopkins said:

For the moment, let's assume that advising clients in closed state to vote yes is sound legal advice.

How could he make that video and give the same advice to every client? If it's true that survivors in closed states cannot do better than what the plan offers, it must also be true that survivors in open states are virtually assured of doing better by suing the local councils in state courts. They wouldn't be sharing anything with those in closed states.

I don't know how he could only say that those in closed states risk (and, the way he put it, should expect) getting nothing without also saying that those in open states are making a large financial sacrifice, if the plan is approved.

It seems to me that if an attorney is representing survivors in both open and closed states, a conflict of interest exists IF we assume that advising clients in closed states is sound legal advice.

Remember....open, closed...attorneys will get their percentage.  It doesn't matter who gets what as long as it gets out the door so a percentage of the total awarded comes raining down. 

9 hours ago, MYCVAStory said:

Remember....open, closed...attorneys will get their percentage.  It doesn't matter who gets what as long as it gets out the door so a percentage of the total awarded comes raining down. 

Take a look at what some of the non-CSA firms have gathered in terms of clients via the ad campaigns and aggregators. I am NOT saying those claims are illegitimate, but do some ciphering. If you have 500 clients who all take the $3500 off ramp, that ain’t bad for a days work (or whatever one wants to call it). What does $3500 x 500 x .40 reap? $700,000? What about 1000? 2500? And on and on. It’s sort of stunning, actually.

Edited by ThenNow